Things to Remember for TEAS Registration
5 Things to Remember When You register for TEAS
If you aspire to become a nurse, you would have heard of the TEAS. Since nursing is a life science profession, schools have to be sure to pick the potential candidates who can be groomed into capable and high quality nurses through the nursing program.
More about the TEAS:
The Test for Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a standardized and mandatory test taken by candidates who seek admission in a nursing program. This test is designed by a reputed firm called ATI, which is designed to map the essential competencies in the candidate, required for the nursing profession. This test has 170 questions and is in the multiple choice format and lasts for around 209 minutes.
If you have decided to become a nurse, the first thing you would have to do is register for the test.
In order to register online, you can visit the official website of ATI (www.atitesting.org), where you would be directed at every step on how to complete the registration by paying online. However, if you wish to apply for the test offline, you can go the respective test centre and fill out the application and pay the fee amount, either through cash, MO or cheque, as directed by the institution.
However, no matter which option you choose, there are a few points to keep in mind while registering.
5 Things to Remember When You register for TEAS:
- Choosing the test date:While you register for the test, you would be given many dates from which you can select a suitable date to take the test. Since you cannot prepare for the test overnight, it is best to take a date that would give you enough room to prepare for the test. You should also choose a date which would give you enough time to apply in schools, by sending your score within the valid time frame mentioned by the school.
- Choosing the test centre :You would have to mention your choice of test centre and select the test date for registering online. You should choose a centre that would be convenient for you to travel to. It should be known that if you are late on the day of the test, you would not be allowed to take the test.
- Check the admission guidelines in schools:It should be known that, even though you would have a high score if you are unable to submit your application to the school on the valid dates mentioned according to the guidelines of the school administration; your application might get rejected. Hence, it is best to check with the schools for their last date of considering applications for the nursing programs.
- No refund:You should be aware that in cases where you might miss the test or if you do not get a good score; there will be no refund of the registration fee. If you wish to take the test again, you have to register and pay the test fee again.
- Register early:It should also be known that the registration closes 5 days prior to the dates on which the test is administered. The registration process is extremely simple and takes no more than 15 minutes to complete. In order to avoid any delay, it is suggested that you register early for the test.
The journey towards your goal of becoming a nurse has just started. You would have to keep a few things in mind after you have registered for TEAS:
Once you have registered for a particular examination centre, you would be given an exam permit. You would have to present the payment receipt and exam permit on the day of the exam.
- If you wish to reschedule your date for taking the test, you have to inform the Nursing Program Testing Office well in advance.
- Be prepared with a photo id, since it is a requirement to present a valid document of photo identification on the day of the test.
You have to be cautious while registering because a small mistake can disrupt the whole process with irreversible effects. The TEAS is an extremely important exam that is the deciding factor for your career and should not be taken lightly.