Course for SAT Prep
Following article will guide you in choosing the right preparation course for SAT. Follow this article closely if you are a SAT Test Taker. The article discusses the advantages and disadvantages of SAT courses available and guides you what are the factors to see and evaluate in choosing a preparatory course.
SAT Prep Course – Self Evaluation
Before deciding to get into a course it is very important to do a self evaluation. Self evaluation helps to identify where you stand in terms of Skill and need percentage of a SAT course.
Diagnostic SAT Test
Do not just rush and enroll to any SAT course for preparation. Taking a diagnostic test is very important step in preparation. A diagnostic test will help you to identify what is your present skill level, What are your strength areas, weakness spots. Lots of Free diagnostic tests are available online. Download one of them and take 1 – 2 tests. Measure what you score in the diagnostic test.
Things to measure after diagnostic test
- Overall Score
- Score in Individual Question Types
- Section wise score
- Time taken for the overall test
- Time taken for Individual Question types
- Time taken for each section
- Time taken for each question
- List of Weak areas based on the above factors
- List of stronger areas based on the above factors
Once you have all stats of your skill level after a diagnostic test see to that the SAT course which you are about to choose helps you in increasing your skill and time management in weaker areas.
Answer to the following questions. Determining your study habits is also an important factor in choosing a preparatory course for SAT
- Do you study alone or prefer to study in group
- Do you always devote considerable amount of time when you study alone
- Do you plan and study
- Are you self motivated or always you need a mentor to motivate you
- Are you disciplined in self study
If the answer to all the above points is 80% – 100% “yes” then you are not in a need of a separate session.
If your answer percentage stays somewhere between 40% – 80%, you will have to seriously consider a good course in assisting your SAT Preparation.
SAT Prep Course – Pros
Following are the advantages in enrolling into a SAT preparatory course
- Time Saving
- Expert Guidance
- Planned Study
- Review and Correction of mistakes
- Learn from fellow students
SAT Prep Course – Cons
Following may be a disadvantages in a preparatory course of SAT
- High Cost
- Good Self study methods are available
- Not enough focus on individuals
- Poorly designed study materials
- Firemen practice tests and coaching
- in Experienced Faculty
What is a Good SAT Prep Course
A good preparatory course for SAT will consist of the following factors
- Have exhaustive practice questions with explanations
- Experienced Faculty
- Good study material
- Focus on individual
- Practice Tests
- Discussion on Mistakes
- Review sessions after practice Tests
- Reputation of the Test Prep Company offering the SAT course for preparation
Things To Do While Undergoing a SAT Prep Course?
You should put your equal effort after SAT course and makes sure that you utilize the course to its fullest extent. You should allocate some time and review what has happened in the preparatory course in your home. Also make sure that you note down all your queries, doubts and concerns while you are preparing at home and make sure that you get them all answered by your faculty in your preparatory course.
If No SAT Prep Course
- Make sure you get bestsoftware
- Practice Practice and Practice
- Design a practical follow able study plan and follow that
- Allocate separate time for study – say 2 hrs to 6 hrs in a day
Hope we have tried to clear some myths about SAT course for preparation. There is no magical path which will fetch you a good SAT score. Preparation and Practice are the two keys that will take you to your destination. Concluding, not all need a preparatory course. Many Top scorers achieve good scores without SAT courses while many achieve good scores with a good course. Evaluating whether you need a course and then acting according to your self evaluation is the best approach.