E-books for PSAT
PSAT is an exam which lets the test-taker practice for taking SAT and for the eleventh graders, it is an opportunity to win scholarships for their college courses. It is in this context that the guide books for preparation have a major role to play. The books are equipped with ample guiding instructions, to get to the core of the syllabus. As the test only chooses the top percentile ranking eleventh graders for their scholarship programs, it is very important to choose the correct preparatory books. The books contain test questions and practice papers, which provide the test-taker enough scope to understand the meaning of the three sections, namely the Critical Reading, Mathematics and Writing Skills.
What Are Some PSAT Prep Books?
The importance of the books has already been discussed previously. They bring to you an in-depth analysis of the three sections and include ample practice questions from the sections. In short, they are comprehensive books. The following are few of the best books:
- Cracking the PSAT/NMSQT 2012 Edition: It contains the famous ‘Hit Parade’ or the list of important vocabulary and the guarantee of the Princeton Review. Besides the basic information about the test and its sections, it contains a couple of full-length tests and practice questions, coming at a price of $7.69.
- Barron’s PSAT/NMSQT 2012: Many past test takers, who have used Barron’s PSAT, considers it as the manual for the test. Such a claim is due to the fact Barron’s PSAT/NMSQT 2012 almost discusses each of the sections in full details and features a commendable package of four full-length test papers. It comes at a price of $8.61.
- Kaplan PSAT/NMSQT 2012 Premier: Last but not the least, there is the Kaplan PSAT/NMSQT 2012 Premier that brings forward the essence of practicing exhaustive questions, to ace the exam. It comes at a price of $7.72 and it includes full-length practice tests, a hundred and a thousand Math questions and Vocabulary, respectively, review of the three PSAT sections and tips to use least time to solve the toughest questions.
The above-mentioned books are available in any general bookstore or online sites like amazon or eBay. However, just to make your work easier, there exist certain eBooks which can be counted as reliable study resources too. Most of these books come in the PDF format. The E-books are:
- McGraw-Hill’s PSAT/NMSQT, 2ed Book: It offers profound test taking strategies, rigorous explanation of the sections, 4 sample practice tests with answer keys and two additional diagnostic practice tests, tips on scoring high and how to get ready for SAT. You can find it here
- Official Student Guide to the PSAT/NMSQT.pdf: This guidebook is one of the foremost recommendations by any counselor. It comes from the creators of the PSAT, i.e. College Board. It is available for download in the College Board website and hence there is no need to buy it. It features full-length practice test, information about the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) and test-taking strategies. This is one of the best among the ebooks too. It contains basic information about the test and the NMSC, together with in-depth analysis of the sections and practice tests. Just click here save the file in your computer.
- PSAT-NMSQT Math Flashcards: Arithmetic Review–PSAT Prep Workbook 4 of 6 (Exambusters PSAT Prep-Study Guide-Review) [Kindle Edition]: it contains Arithmetic workbooks; fundamental, intermediate and advanced vocabulary and flashcard workbooks for Algebra and Geometry. Each of these sections has sufficient test questions and answer key. Find it here.
- Shmoop PSAT Test Prep [Kindle Edition]: Take this ebook to your class, in a plane or simply anywhere you travel. It contains 701 practice questions from the three sections, three full-length practice tests, 47 thorough review topics and test taking tips. Click here to download it.
The books mentioned in this article are few of the best study resources and guides you may wish to buy. However, always remember that it is your dedication and practice that make all the difference in your score. With a proper routine and aid of these books, you can do wonders. So Good Luck!