Registration for MTTC
Steps for MTTC Registration
MTTC or the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification is the only test that satisfies the requirements for a teacher’s certification and therefore, if you want to become a teacher in Michigan, you must pass this test. The registration of MTTC is one of the important steps that you must take for appearing for this test. This article gives all the details of the registration process.
What are the steps to be followed for the test registration?
There are a few things that you must check and verify before the registration process. The following steps will help you in registering for the test:
- Identify the test, test site, and date for the test.
- Identify your attending institution and the institutions where you want test your scores to be sent.
- Identify the registration method and the corresponding method of fee payment.
- Create an account and check if the details you are providing are correct.
- Understand the “Background Questions” that you will be asked and be prepared with the answers.
- Learn about the test rules and regulations.
What are the different registration methods available?
There are three registration methods available for registration and these are:
- Internet registration- In this method, you can register for the test online and this method is available on all days and at all times. Moreover, this method is open during all the three registration periods (regular, late and emergency). To register by this method, you must first create an account and log on to this website, https://reg3.nesinc.com/MyAccountMI/SignOn.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fmyaccountmi%2fDefault.aspx.
- Phone-in registration-This method is available only on working days from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Eastern Time and you can register by this method only during the emergency period. The details of the telephone numbers and other details about this method are provided at http://www.mttc.nesinc.com/MI17_phonereg.asp.
- U.S. Mail registration- This method is available during the regular and late registration periods and your application must reach them by 5.00 pm on the deadline date. The address to which you must send your application is available at http://www.mttc.nesinc.com/MI17_mailreg.asp.
What are the deadlines for the different registration periods?
There are two formats of the test and these are computer-based testing and paper-based testing. The computer-based testing is available seven times in a year and the paper-based testing is available five times in a year.
- The computer-based testing is available in the months of December, February, March, May, June, August and September. In each month, the test is available for six days and you can choose a date, time and test site from the available ones. You can check for seat availability at http://www.pearsonvue.com/Dispatcher?application=SeatSearch&action=actStartApp&v=W2L&clientCode=NES. You can register for this format only by the internet registration method.
- The paper-based testing is available in the months of October, November, January, April and July. The regular registration period closes six weeks before the test date, the late registration closes three weeks and the emergency period closes one week before the test date.
What are the registration fees?
The registration fees for the different tests are different.
|Testing Method||Test||Fees during the regular
|Fees during the late
|Fees during the emergency
|Paper-based testing||Basic Skills Test||$48||An additional $30||An additional $70|
|Subject-area Test||$73||An additional $30||An additional $70|
|Computer-based testing||Basic Skills Test
(All three subtests)
|$130||Not Applicable (NA)||NA|
|One Subtest of the
Basic Skills Test
|Two subtests of the
Basic Skills Test
How to pay the registration fees?
The fees can be paid by credit card (only Mater or Visa cards are accepted) in case of phone-in or internet registration and check or money order in case of U.S. Mail registration. Cash is not accepted for any method of registration.
The seats for the test are allotted based on a first-come, first-served basis and therefore, it is ideal that you register for the test at the earliest. Though the registration process is elaborate, it is simple if you have collected all the information. Use the above-mentioned steps to have a hassle free registration process. Once the registration process is over, you can concentrate fully on the test preparation.