Exam Center for IELTS
How to Locate an IELTS Exam Center
Will You be Taking the IELTS?
If you have decided to go to an English speaking nation for your higher studies or if you are planning to relocate to the USA, you will have to take the IELTS test. Before you do anything else, the most important task you need to carry out is to register yourself for this examination because you will not be able to take this test until you have registered for the same. This is the reason why you will first have to decide on the exam center, as you can go to one and register for this test directly. You will discover that majority of these centers are the offices of the British Council or the offices of IELTS Australia. Of course, you will also find them in language schools or universities.
IELTS Exam Centers
At present, you will find that there are more than eight hundred test centers in various locations around the world. Irrespective of where a candidate is living, he will find an exam center where he can register for the test. These centers are liable to abide by the IELTS Code of Practice and they are also monitored by it. To apply for this examination, you need to provide these following things:
- IELTS application form
- Photocopy of your passport
- Two passport sized photographs
- If you have taken this test before, then you need to submit a copy of your previous test score report.
Locating an IELTS Exam Center
How do you find an exam center for IELTS? It is actually a very easy thing to do as you can simply go to the official website (http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information/find_my_nearest_test_centre.aspx) of this examination and look for the information. If you click on the above mentioned link, you will find that you can look for the potential centers by clicking on the ‘IELTS Worldwide Search’ link.
- After clicking on the link, you will be directed to another page where you will have to choose a ‘Location’ and the ‘City’ you are living in.
- If you choose just the ‘Location’, you will find all the centers in your country displayed. Of course, you can filter the options by choosing the city where you are living so that you will get only those centers that are located in your city or near your city.
- In the result page, you will see a link below the center in your city. To find out more information on the test dates available in this location and for other information, you need to click on the link. You will also find the email address of this center in this page along with the option to check for the seats that are still available on the date of your preference and how you can register for it online. In addition to these, you will also find the test dates for both the Academic and General Training modules offered by this test center.
Registering for the Test…
At the time of registering for the test in your preferred exam center, you need to make sure that you have filled the application form completely and correctly. Also ensure that you read the terms and conditions mentioned in the form before you sign the document and submit the same to the relevant authority. You will have to pay for this test at the time of registration so make sure you take the required amount with you. The passport-sized photographs that you submit should not be older than six months, as these should be the recent photographs. You should take a copy of your passport as well as your original passport with you for verification at the time of registering for this test in the center. Once the registration is completed, you will be sent a mail confirming the date, time and location of the test.