Important Characteristics Of The CSET Business Examination
Things You Must Know about CSET Business Test
Is Business the subject that you are interested in teaching in California? In such a case, you will find that at the time of job selection you may be asked to take the Business examination. This assessment measures the skills that you possess and also your knowledge on this topic. The main purpose of this examination is to find out whether you are suitable to teach this subject in school or not. Before you register and take this test, it is important for you to find out everything that you ought to know about the same so that you can prepare for it in the best possible manner.
Points to Remember about CSET Business
There are certain features of this subject that you need to be aware of so that they will help you prepare for the exam properly. Given below are the points that you should keep in mind:
- This examination is paper-based and as of now, there is no computerized version of this test available.
- There are three sections that are included here and these are Subtest I, II & III. The domains that will be tested in Subtest I are Marketing & Business Management; Subtest II will have questions relating to Economics, Finance & Accounting; and Subtest III will include topics such as Business Environment and Communication & Information Technology.
- The questions that you will find here will include both the multiple-choice and the constructed-response questions. All the three subtests will have 126 questions; consisting of 40 multiple-choice and 2 constructed-response questions.
- You need to study all the important theories in this domain, such as the ‘Hierarchy of Needs’ by Maslow. You may find questions relating to certain business related laws and if you have no idea about them then you will not be able to answer the questions correctly.
- In the exam, you may also find questions in the form of case studies and you will be asked to write an essay relating to the same. It is important for you to concentrate on the case study that has been given and then answer the question accordingly.
- Make sure that you study all the important theoretical concepts well, such as Marketing Principles, Organizational Behaviour and Organizational Theory. Until and unless you study these concepts properly and know them completely, you will not be able to get a good score in the test.
- You will be given a total time of five hours within which you have to complete all the questions. You will need to report in the test center at 7.30 am if you are going to take the exam in California but if you will be taking it in another state, then this time may vary.
- If you want to take this examination, then you will find that the testing dates are in the months of January, March, May and September. You can refer to the official website of the examination (http://www.cset.nesinc.com) for more information.
- Scoring of each of the sub tests will be carried out separately and hence, it is important that you get a good score in each of these sections.
- The result of the test will be available after about a month from the date of the examination. You will be able to access the same when you log into your account in the official website of this examination. Keep in mind that the result can be accessed for a period of 45 days only, after which it will be removed. You are advised to print out the same before this time period is over.
Business as a subject is not difficult to pass. As long as you understand what it is about and you are willing to make an effort to prepare for the same, there is no reason why you cannot get a high score in it.