Test Dates for CPAT
When to Take the CPAT?
Test Dates for the CPAT refer to the dates made available by the examination authorities, for firefighting aspirants, to take the test, for obtaining admission in different firefighting academies of the USA and Canada. Each candidate has to provide information about his/her choice of a testing date, from the available test dates, at the time of registration for this examination, or during any other time, as instructed by the test administration authorities. One can refer to the schedule available at the official webpage (http://www.cffjac.org/go/jac/cpat/schedules/) for current information on the test dates at the various test locations.
Once a test date is finalized, one can only change it by paying a rescheduling fee. The fee paid for the initial scheduled test date cannot be refunded. Examination rescheduling requests can be sent about a couple of days before the original date of this examination. This is because examination date alternation requests that are sent after this deadline are not entertained by the rescheduling authorities. For more information on rescheduling, please refer to http://www.cffjac.org/go/jac/cpat/. If a test center wants to cancel a test date, with or without prior intimation, it will make the candidates aware of the probability of such changes beforehand. Hence, after registration, one should always keep in touch with the authorities or the test center authorities, for information updates.
If one is not satisfied with the quantity or quality of information provided on the website regarding the test dates, one can contact the authorities, through the official contact webpage (http://www.cffjac.org/go/jac/cpat/contact-us/).
The CPAT Test Schedule:
The CPAT would be held in 3 testing centers of California for the year 2013:
- Orange- The test will be held in the months of April, May, June and July here. The test dates in these months at this testing center are as follows:
- April- 25th
- May- 2nd, 9th, 10th, 16th, 18th and 23rd
- June- 6th, 15th and 20th
- July- 11th, 20th and 25th
- Livermore- The CPAT can be taken here on the following dates of 2013:
- April- 27th
- May- 11th and 23rd
- June- 8th and 27th
- July- 20th
The CPAT is also held at Sacramento. One should visit the official test webpage (http://www.cffjac.org/go/jac/cpat/schedules/sacramento-california1/) for information on test dates at this examination venue, and contact the officials if information is not available on the same on the given webpage.
The Best Time to Take the CPAT
Before registering for this examination, a thought that commonly comes into every candidate’s mind, is about the best date for taking this examination. However, one should remember the following points before finalizing on one’s test date:
- A candidate’s most favorable test date is individualistic- There are no standardized test dates that can be considered as the best for appearing for this examination, as the most favorable time for appearing for this examination will vary from person to person, depending upon the level of preparedness of that person for this examination.
- A candidate should set the test date when he/she is thoroughly prepared for this test- The test date should include the time that one will take to prepare for the activities perfectly. Ideally, one is supposed to be ready for appearing for CPAT after completing the official orientation and practice sessions, which are arranged by the administration authorities. However, depending upon the physical abilities of the candidate, he/she may take a longer time to adapt oneself to the examination stress and perform efficiently in it. Hence, candidates should finalize their test dates only when they are confident of their physical abilities to perform well.
- The test date should be fixed on a day on which the candidate has no other assignment- The CPAT requires great physical stamina and a candidate should take this test when he/she is feeling totally energetic and relaxed. A candidate should never appear for this test when the candidate is fatigued and stressed out mentally. Hence, candidates should get their test dates scheduled on a day on which he/she has no other assignment to tire him/her out. However, after taking this test, the candidate can perform other activities, as necessary.
- The test dates should be set in pleasant seasons- Since the CPAT candidates get exhausted physically, it is better to schedule this examination on days that are not too hot or too cold. The candidate should assess the weather that best suits him/her for heavy exercising, beforehand, and opt for taking this test during the season which is conducive for this purpose.
The test dates should be booked well in advance to prevent disappointment. If a candidate is not allotted a test date of his/her choice by the testing authorities due to some reason, he/she should inform these authorities to keep his/her requirement in mind and allot him/her the testing date of his/her choice for this examination, as soon as it is possible. Hence, when a vacancy arises on the desired test date, there is a possibility of the testing authorities considering the candidate’s request and allotting him/her the test date of his/her choice.