Test Dates for AHSGE
When Should You Take AHSGE?
The Alabama High School Graduation Exam (AHSGE) significantly assays the most important role in designing a student’s career. AHSGE is the mandatory cross-over for every high school student in order to gain a diploma from the State of Alabama. Therefore, scoring really well in it not only becomes essential but is also the only way to get through the pre-graduation bridge of education. It is an aptitude test taken on the designated dates for the test and is formulated in accordance to admission guidelines prescribed by the Alabama State Board of Education and the local schools.
This exam was initiated to build a strong foundation of the study basics that is being imparted in high school education and increase the standards of education in the State of Alabama. It is a content-driven test that takes you through sets of multiple-choice questions with four options each to choose from. The duration of each test section is 3 hours and it can be taken up to six times on the ascertained test dates. The exam is divided into 5 sections namely:
- AHSGE Reading
- AHSGE Language
- AHSGE Maths
- AHSGE Science
- AHSGE Social Studies
When Should You Take the AHSGE?
Students are provided with a brochure for the exam as soon as they enter the ninth grade of high school. The brochure encloses a form that needs to be signed by students and their parents to confirm the receipt of receiving the instruction material from the high school authorities. Every student is given the opportunity to take this test six times, starting from their 10th to the 12th grade on the pre-specified test dates. However, the best time to take the test is after you are familiar with the 11th grade course of study. By this time, you would not be well-versed with the syllabus, but also, be confident to successfully ace the test.
Important Factors Involved in Deciding the Test Dates
- Know-how of AHSGE: Gathering the A – Z information about the exam should always sit on an aspiring student’s priority to-do list.
- Identify the Basics: This exam is an evaluation test that judges a student’s knowledge and familiarity of the 4X4 basic curriculum of the 11th grade.
- Be the Go-Getter:Take the test starting from your 10th grade, so that you can appear for the test up to a maximum of six times.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert: Content for the exam covers the Maths, Science, Reading, Language and Social Studies. The stronger your foundation and basics in these subjects, the easier it is for you to score in the test.
- Test Format: 84 questions incorporate the Reading section with the minimum passing score of 563, 100 questions for the Maths section with the minimum passing score of 477, 100 questions for the science section with the minimum passing score of 491, 100 questions for the Social Studies section with the minimum passing score of 509 and 100 questions for language section with the minimum passing score of 560.
- Shadow the State Board of Alabama: Follow the official website of the Alabama Department of Education. You may visit the link: http://www.alsde.edu/html/home.asp
- Study Tools: There are many websites that offer guidance, study manuals and varied other tools for your preparatory study.
- Study Guides: Varied study guides like the “AHSGE Secrets Study Guide: AHSGE Test Review for the Alabama high School Graduation Exam” by Mometrix, Passing the Alabama High School Graduation Exam in Mathematics” by Erica Day and Colleen Pintozzi, Passing the Alabama High School Graduation Exam in Science” by Michelle Gunter are available in the market.
- Preparatory Flashcards: Use of flashcards is a great budget-friendly option available easily for the benefit of the students. It helps you to memorize facts quickly thereby enabling you to complete your preparatory study efficiently. You may take the help of “Alabama AHSGE Test Flashcards” by Hollandays Publishing Staff.
- Practice Ardently for the Test: The last but not the least is being adequately prepared before the test dates by practicing thoroughly on every section of the test. Remember that passing in all the sections is mandatory to receive the diploma.
By now you must have got an idea to select the test dates of your choice based on the above mentioned factors. We recommend that every high school student must be comfortable and relaxed before taking the test. It is not an arduous exam but one that involves refreshing the high school curriculum. Staying focussed, dedicating a good amount of time for studying and immense practice will only help you achieve your goal and reap the benefits of success.