Study Guides for AEPA
Benefits of Studying from an AEPA Study Guide
We recommend that candidates preparing for the AEPA test look for a good guide. Based on the number and type of these tests that are required for your teacher certification, you must select the resources for preparation. This article will describe the features of 3 effective study guides. Thereafter, we will review some of the benefits of using a study guide for AEPA test preparation.
The 3 Most Effective AEPA Study Guides:
- AEPA General Information About the AEPA Program and Test PreparationThis study guide is published by the administrators of the AEPA test. This guide serves as a prelude to all the certification-specific study guides because it provides a detailed overview of the test, its objectives, rules and sections. It contains a set of guidelines on how to prepare for the tests, along with many practice questions and sample answers. The information available in this guide, especially regarding the types of questions that will appear in the test, is very clear and is supported with several examples. Moreover, the guide also provides a sample test and answer sheet to help the candidates get a clear-cut idea of what they could expect in the test. Apart from this, the guide presents a summary of how the test objectives are usually organized and how an applicant must focus on them to prepare effectively for the test. You may download this guide for free from the AEPA website (http://www.aepa.nesinc.com/AZ_viewSG_opener.asp).
- AEPA Test Objectives and Practice Questions – www.aepa.nesinc.com/AZ_viewSG_opener.aspUnder this section, the AEPA website offers about 45 free, certification-specific study guides. All these guides follow the same format and have 2 main sections; namely, Test Objectives and Practice questions. We will now review one such resource called ?“36 Early Childhood Education”, as an example. The Test Objectives section of this study guide describes the 3 key objectives of the Early Childhood Education certification. Each test objective broadly describes a subject or knowledge area that is essential for being a successful early educator in Arizona. Under each test objective statement, there is a complete list of all the types of skills within that subject area, along with examples. Moreover, the guide also lists out the types of questions that will appear in the test. Thereafter, it provides a chart visualizing an approximate distribution of questions across the different test objectives. As you may already know, there are 2 types of questions in the AEPA test; namely, multiple choice response and written response. The guide provides sample questions in both these question types, covering each of the test objectives and many of their sub-areas. The sample questions are followed by an answer key with detailed rationale for the multiple-choice questions. For the written-response sample questions, corresponding sample responses are provided. Though this book prepares the candidates on the test structure and content, it does not provide study material on all the test objectives. Therefore, the candidates will have to refer to external professional or subject textbooks to cover all the subject areas in the test. You could download this guide or any of the available 45 study guides from –www.aepa.nesinc.com/AZ_viewSG_opener.asp.
- TeachRite AEPA Basic Skills Test Study GuideThis is an online study portal that provides an interactive resource for the Basic Skills test. This guide covers all the 3 subject areas of this test; namely, Reading, Writing and Math. It includes about 500 practice questions with answer keys, video lessons for sample problems, timed practice tests and test-taking tips. Some online teachers’ blogs have recommended this website for the AEPA Basic Skills test preparation and there are a few positive comments on the TeachRite video lessons on Youtube too. To purchase this guide, you may visit http://www.teachrite.com/.
The 5 Key Benefits of Preparing from an AEPA Study Guide
Here is a list of 5 benefits that you will receive by using an effective AEPA study guide:
- A good book will make you more familiar with the structure and content of the test, as it will describe all the key test objectives and subject areas.
- Using the list of the test objectives in your AEPA guide, you may refer to other study materials such as school textbooks or professional books. However, the study guide will remain a focal point of your test preparation process.
- All good study guides will include several sample questions and practice tests. Such practice, especially if it timed, will equip you better for the actual test.
- In most study guides, the practice tests will come with answer keys that explain the rationale behind each answer. This is very useful in figuring out how the questions and answer choices are usually designed. The guide will therefore, provide invaluable hidden tips in choosing the right answer.
- Apart from the above-mentioned benefits, an effective AEPA study book will also provide you with a set of well-researched and proven test strategies. These strategies will go a long way in ensuring your success in the test.
In conclusion, we hope the above benefits that we have discussed and the earlier study guide reviews have convinced the readers of this article to use a comprehensive prep resource for successful test preparation.