The Mathematics Test of AEPA
Everything You Need to Know About AEPA Math
AEPA Math refers to the Mathematics test of the AEPA (the Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessments) examinations. Mathematics is one of the subjects that an examinee, takes to show his or her proficiency in the subject for becoming an educator. Based on the scores obtained in this section, the examinee is awarded the certification of a Maths educator.
APEA Math Format
The questions of this section are aimed at testing the mathematical concepts of entry-level educators of Arizona schools. The questions are of objective type with multiple choice answers. The subareas on which a candidate is tested are as follows:
- Number Sense- This section tests the knowledge and conceptual clarity in topics related to Basic Arithmetic, such as, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Factors, Decimals, Number Theory, and Discrete Mathematics. It also tests one’s knowledge in the field of Real Numbers and Complex Numbers, and Imaginary Numbers.
- Data Analysis and Probability- This section tests one’s knowledge of concepts in Probability and Descriptive Mathematics. All areas associated with the concept of Probability can be tested in this test. Hence, it is important for an examinee to brush up on this section in an in-depth manner. The skills of gathering data, organizing it into a meaningful report, and then analyzing the report, are also tested by this educator assessment examination.
- Algebra, Mathematical Patterns and Functions- This section evaluates an examinee’s concepts in Basic Algebra, Algebraic Equations and their relations. It also tests the knowledge of Linear Algebra and Matrix Algebra. An examinee should be thorough with his knowledge of Quadratic Equations, Inequalities, and algebraic functions in order to clear this test. This section measures the examinee’s concepts of Logarithmic, Polynomial and Exponential functions.
- Geometry and Measurement- This section tests an examinee’s concepts of Basic Geometry, Three-dimensional Geometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, and the usage of algebra in geometry. The examinee’s concepts of Vector Geometry and Transformational Geometry are also tested in this section.
- Trigonometry and Basics of Calculus- This section aims to assess the skills in Basic Trigonometry and Calculus, and the appropriateness of their application in different situations.
- Mathematical Structure and Logic- This section presents questions that test the candodates’ skills in applying Mathematical logic, Mathematical communication and Mathematical reasoning. Questions on the concepts of Axiomatic Domain Theory are also included in this section.
Percentage Distribution of the Six Sections of AEPA Math
The Number Sense, and Data Analysis and Probability sections, cover 14 percent of the test paper, each. The Patterns, Algebra and Functions; Geometry and Measurement; Trigonometry and Calculus; and Mathematical Structure and Logic sections, each cover 18 % of the AEPA Math test paper. For more information on the different sections of AEPA Mathematics and the syllabus in these subjects, please visit http://www.aepa.nesinc.com/PDFs/AZ_Field10_StudyGuide.pdf.
AEPA Math Test Duration
The time for completion of this section is four hours.
Can Calculators Be Used in AEPA Math Tests?
The examinees are allowed to perform calculations using calculators in this test, but they have to use the calculator provided to them at their test center. They cannot use their personal calculators in the examination hall. The testing authorities will give them scientific calculators to work on the Mathematics section of AEPA.
The Math section is tough, as it covers a wide range of topics at an in-depth level. One must take the advice of experts (only people who have passed AEPA Maths) in preparing for this test. Alongside one can’t take the help of good study material and practice test papers, adequately, before appearing for this Maths test to attain the desired score.