How do prep classes Train You for TOEFL
TOEFL or Test of English as a Foreign Language is a widely recognized English exam that is taken by non-native English speakers for pursuing academic courses in a country where English is the primary language of communication. The test is also considered for scholarships, English Language certification programs and for getting student or work visa.
TOEFL is administered by ETS and taken by millions of students all over the world. The TOEFL scores are accepted by numerous educational institutions and agencies. The availability of many test centers for TOEFL has made it easier for students to choose a suitable one based on their convenience. However, the test takers should register early to get a suitable date for taking TOEFL.
TOEFL is conducted in the following two formats:
- TOEFL iBT or the computer based test; which is taken by most students.
- TOEFL PBT; taken by those students who do not have access to internet or in test centers where internet facility is not available.
The choice of the format of TOEFL is based on the test center or location that is chosen by the students.
TOEFL consists of four sections:
The students should integrate these skills while carrying out their academic tasks in colleges and universities.
How do Prep Classes Train you for TOEFL?
The performance of the students in TOEFL largely depends on the level of preparation and their familiarity with the format of the test and the types of questions. TOEFL training is made convenient through several preparatory classes that are held in different locations and help the students to achieve the best. However, the students should focus on genuine TOEFL training that is made available through various preparation classes. The mock tests that are administered in prep classes under real test conditions enhance the confidence of the students. By taking these tests, the students get respite from the anxiety that often affects their performance while taking TOEFL. In other words, taking mock tests or practice tests is an essential element of TOEFL training. The prep classes are based on the following tenets:
- The prep classes help the students to interact with the teachers by creating a perfect classroom ambience.
- TOEFL training is usually offered by efficient instructors in the preparation classes.
- Taking TOEFL training through prep classes helps the TOEFL aspirants to follow a definite and disciplined study plan unlike books or self study.
- By interacting with the teachers and fellow test aspirants, the students are aware of the level of competition that they are likely to face while taking TOEFL.
- The training classes or TOEFL training also helps the students to know the quick tricks and tips that will help them to approach this examination with enhanced confidence levels.
Review of Training Classes
The training classes offer instructions about taking TOEFL and getting good scores for participating in the academic courses provided by reputed colleges and universities around the world. Let us review a few TOEFL prep classes:
- TOEFL Course by Kaplan: This is a training class that is held in USA, Canada and London and the duration of the course is 4-16 weeks. The unique aspects of this course include the mock tests, tips for taking TOEFL and a customized study plan for the test takers. The course contains 20 TOEFL iBT and academic English classes along with 15 study shifts.
- TOEFL Classroom Courses by Princeton Review: In this training class, the TOEFL aspirants can take four full-length practice tests along with review and feedback of the questions and essays. Beside this, they are offered course manuals covering all the four sections of TOEFL and CD's. By enrolling for this program, the students can also ask for extra help from the instructors for free.
- New York- TOEFL Exam Preparation is a classroom course that is offered in several locations across United States. The students of Malta and Cape Town can also take these classes. The classes are conducted for 4-16 weeks and help the students to master the skills and competence in English Language that is required for taking TOEFL.
TOEFL training is significant for taking this test. It also allows the students to fulfill their academic goals by seeking admission in colleges and universities that are located in English-speaking countries.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page