TOEFL Online Registration
Why should you Register Online for TOEFL
You can register for the TOEFL by mail, by phone, in person or you could opt for TOEFL online registration. Normally it is recommended that you register for the test four months in advance so as to get a test date and test centre of your choosing. Visit http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register/centers_dates/ to find out the available test dates in your location. Usually, TOEFL is administered up to 30-40 times at authorized test centres.
These days more and more people are opting for TOEFL online registration. This procedure has certain obvious benefits associated with it, some of which are listed below:
- You can register at any time of the day and from any place with an internet connection and you will not be bound by regular office timings.
- You will be saved from commuting to and from the TOEFL Resource Centre.
- The available seats for a particular test date are made known to you simultaneously so you are saved the time spent waiting for a response if you register through other means.
- You can pay sitting at home through various Credit and Debit cards. You also have the option of using Registration Vouchers or E-cheques. However, E-cheques are accepted only by those living within the territory of the United States of America.
- Your application is processed much more quickly than it is if you register by any other means.
Let us now go through the procedure for TOEFL online registration.
Create an Account on ETS Website:
Before you use any of ETS online services, you need to open an account of the ETS's official website for carrying out TOEFL online registration:
- The link for creating an account is - https://toefl-registration.ets.org/TOEFLWeb/extISERLogonPrompt.do.
- Make sure that all the information you supply is true to the best of your knowledge.
- The spellings of your name should match those on your identification documents.
- Your chosen username should be between 6-16 characters in length and can contain only alphabets and numbers.
- The password has to be 8-16 characters.
Choosing Test, Test Date and Test Centre:
Log in to your account, go to the option that says My Tests and choose the Register for Tests option. After this, choose TOEFL as the test you want to register for. You will also be asked for your current location on the basis of which all test centres closest to you will be displayed. You will also be asked to specify a range of 60 days within which you want a test date. Select the test centre and date which is the most convenient for you.
Specifying Score Recipients and Making Payment:
The above steps are to be completed within 20 minutes. This is a security measure. You will now be required to specify the four institutions and agencies that you wish should receive your score cards apart from you. If the number of institutions/agencies that you want as your score recipients is more than four, a fee of $17 will be charged for every additional institution/agency. Confirm your order before proceeding to make payment. Payment can be made through:
- Debit/Credit Cards of JCB, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Visa.
- If you live within the territory of United States, you have the option of paying through electronic cheques.
- Paper cheques can be presented in Canada, USA and European countries drawn on a bank of that country. The entire amount of payment has to be converted to US dollars.
- Registration Vouchers can be also be used.
You can go on to the following link for more information on modes of payment - http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/about/fees/.
PBT TOEFL applicants can visit http://www.ets.org/s/toefl/pdf/toefl_pbt_bulletin_2011-12.pdf and IBT TOEFL applicants can visit http://www.ets.org/s/toefl/pdf/toefl_ibt_bulletin_2011-12.pdf for further information.
Hence, we now know the relatively easy process of TOEFL online registration.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page