TOEFL Listening Exercises
Top 5 TOEFL Listening Exercises' Preparation Materials
TOEFL Listening Section
In this English language test, there are four sections. These are Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening sections. The Listening section in the TOEFL Internet-based test will consist of around six interactions between individuals and questions relating to these interactions. Each audio recording will be short, ranging from 3 to 5 minutes in length. Among these six conversations, two will consist of interactions between students and the remaining four will be academic discussions or lectures. In the paper-based test, there will be three parts in the Listening section. The first part will have around thirty questions, the second part will have eight questions and the last part will have eight questions. You have to score high in all the four sections of this test and when it comes to the listening section, you will have to make sure that you practice the exercises on a regular basis so that you will be able to score high.
Preparation Materials for TOEFL Listening Section
Are you looking for free Listening questions online? If you are, then you will be glad to know that there are many websites out there that offer free tests to users who are looking for these exercises.
- http://www.examenglish.com/TOEFL/toefl_listening.htm: This is one of the websites where you will find the Listening questions for TOEFL for free. It is possible for you to take down notes while the audio recording is playing so that you can refer to the same at the time of answering the questions. There are four lectures and three conversations in this site that you can use to practice for the Listening section.
- http://www.englishclub.com/esl-exams/ets-toefl-practice-listening.htm: In this site, you will find free questions. Right below each audio recording and question, you will find the answer. Make sure you avoid looking at the answer before you have chosen your own answer.
- http://www.toeflblog.com/2008/06/03/3-free-toefl-ibt-listening-practice-sessions/: This is another site online where you will find free resources. You will find the answers to the questions at the bottom of the page where the questions end. When you are working on the three Listening sessions here, do remember to time yourself because it is important you finish the questions on time.
- http://www.stuff.co.uk/toefl.htm: You will find that in this website, there are twenty questions that you will have to complete online and the time given to you to finish these questions is only twenty minutes. Once the test is completed, you will be able to see your score. It will also be possible for you to review each of your answers.
- http://i-courses.org/?p=sample_tests : Looking for free Listening samples? If you are, then you will find them here in this website. It consists of practice tests for all the sections of TOEFL, including the Listening section. You need to listen to the audio recording first before answering the questions. In order to get the free exercises, you need to register with them first.
Working on the Listening Section...
When it comes to the Listening section, practice is the key. You will be in a position to get a high score here if you work on samples on a regular basis. Ideally, you will be able to get a good score when you start preparing for the test about a month or two in advance. Of course, if your English language is not that good then you should have at least three months of practice. With so many free resources available online, you will find preparing for this test is not going to be a tough job. Just ensure that you set aside enough time to prepare for the test everyday.