Help for TOEFL
Sources of Help for TOEFL Preparation
Scoring high in TOEFL requires you to be competent in all the aspects of the test. The test comprises four sections and they are the Listening, Speaking, Reading and the Writing sections. All the sections are equally important for you to score high in the test. More importantly, all the sections are virtually interconnected and you can understand this while you prepare for the test. Try grabbing all the test help that you can get from the resources around you like the internet, coaching institutes etc.
How to Prepare for TOEFL?
There are many ways in which you can prepare for TOEFL which tests your English language proficiency. Due to a high usage of the English language worldwide, you luckily get practically innumerable online sources of help for your preparation. Further, you will also get free sources that you can use to improve your skills. Even though free sources of test help might not support you to master the English language from the exam point of view, they can give you a good start towards learning to be more competent in the language.
Attending a coaching institute is a very good option for preparing for the test. A coaching institute helps you improve your skills through a planned curriculum characterized by training from language experts. At a training institute, you will get all the help that you will possibly require. They teach you from the basics of the subject and provide you with a lively environment for learning the English language. They organize group discussion sessions in order to help improve your speaking skills.
Tips to Be Remembered
While preparing for the test, you must essentially remember some important aspects that will help you get trained in a faster way.
- When you speak in English with your friends, try using new vocabulary that you might have learnt. This will help you to remember new words in a more efficient way. This way, you can also learn the usage as per context in a more practical way.
- The habit of extensive reading helps in a maximum number of ways. You can learn the usage of good grammar, punctuations, new vocabulary and many other essentials that will help you while writing an essay by yourself. Further, reading different information irrespective of interests will help you know about different issues that will indirectly help you reproduce a strong and meaningful content in the Writing section.
- Cultivate habits like reading newspapers, novels, watching English channels and try imitating the usage while practicing. Do not set any constraints for interest while reading newspapers or magazines instead read everything you see. This will help you be neutral towards any new topic because you encounter various topics in the Writing section of the test that may or may not interest you.
Sources of TOEFL Help
The Internet houses the largest number of sources of test help. Online, you can either visit websites that train you exclusively for the test or can find many websites that publish content useful to learn English in a much better way.
- You can opt for attending any good coaching institute in order to get trained.
- You can prepare on your own by reading books, English language materials and work out language exercises available for free on the internet.
- No matter how you prepare for the test, you must not forget reviewing the free practice questions made available on the official website. These questions are the real previous questions and practicing these questions will help you know and understand the type of questions asked in the test. You may refer to the following link to download free practice questions: www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/prepare/sample_questions/
- You can also purchase the official preparation books for TOEFL. Refer to the following link to know more about them: www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/prepare/
- You may refer to the following links to find good English language training material: