Like this Page
CLICK this button to recommend this page to Google.
7 Sources of TOEFL Preparation
TOEFL is a very important examination if you are thinking about attaining international education. The test is designed to measure how well you can use the basic skills of speaking, listening, writing, and reading skills to suit academic requirements. If you are planning to take TOEFL, it is imperative that you put in a great amount of time to prepare TOEFL and work out on its various aspects. A number of resources are available to prepare TOEFL these days. You could as well join a formal review program or study on your own. Here is a list of seven most popular sources for preparing for TOEFL:
- ETS Publications and the Official ETS TOEFL Site
Educational Testing Services is a recognized name in the field of testing services. Along with holding the tests, they also offer a variety of preparation and practice resources for their tests. These include books, practice tests and sample questions, interactive audio/video programs, etc. Some of these programs could be purchased, while some others available for free. Check the TOEFL flash program for a list of ETS resources to prepare TOEFL (http://www.ets.org/s/toefl/flash/17494/TOEFL_Resources_Web_Video.htm).
- The TOEFL Value Pack from ETS includes The Official Guide to the TOEFL Test, TOEFL Practice Online- Complete Test Materials, and skill building tools to improve your English communication skills.
- TOEFL Practice Online from ETS is the only official practice site that can give you a real-like feel of the TOEFL iBT (http://toeflpractice.ets.org/).
- ETS also provides free sample questions, which could be accessed online.
- If you are registering for the TOEFL PBT, you also get a copy of TOEFL® Practice Tests — Volume 1 CD free.
- Kaplan Review Program and Books
Kaplan is considered one of the leaders in the exam prep industry. Kaplan has an exclusive classroom-based program for those who prepare TOEFL. It also publishes a comprehensive title to help you prepare for the test.
- The book, Kaplan TOEFL iBT includes comprehensive chapters on reading, writing, listening, and speaking practice and includes four practice tests. In addition, it covers a lot of tips and strategies for cracking the test.
- The review program, TOEFL and Academic English claims to have an excellent curriculum to let you prepare for the exam and improve your English skills. It includes simulation tests and has a customized study structure (http://www.kaplaninternational.com/courses/exam-preparation/toefl.aspx).
- The Princeton Review Tutoring Program
TPR or the Princeton Review is another big name in the exam prep industry, and it offers you the facility of private tutoring to prepare TOEFL. The Princeton tutors are considered some of the most successful, most experienced, and well-trained in the industry.
- By opting for a Princeton full-fledged tutoring program, you are sure to prepare yourself well in all aspects of the test.
- If you are in US, you could find tutors locally and close to your location
- Princeton tutors could offer you the best custom study plans to suit your needs and personal style.
- Manhattan Review Online Preparation Course
This online review program from Manhattan Review is considered a unique program accessible to students across the world in their time zones (http://www.manhattanreview.com/toefl-online-course/). This is a short term, intensive, and interactive program spanning over a period of 28 hours.
- Though online, the program offers real-time classroom experience, alongside, recorded sessions are available in case you miss a class.
- Highly qualified instructors provide you training in all the four sections of the test.
- You can as well avail personalized tutoring online.
- Cambridge Preparation for the TOEFL Test
This prepare TOEFL book is in its fourth edition now and is from the prestigious Cambridge University Press. It employs the integrated skills approach as used in the internet-based version of the test and helps you prepare for TOEFL iBT.
- This book comes along with a CD containing additional practice tests, and audio CD containing conversations for the Listening test.
- The book and the CD include 100+ exercises, different question types, and four practice exams.
- It also includes a diagnostic test to provide you an idea of your strengths and weaknesses.
- The book has skill building resources in vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation areas.
- Barron's TOEFL iBT
The Barron's TOEFL iBT Test of English as a Foreign Language has been a popular title to prepare TOEFL, and is in its 13th and the latest edition.
- This title from Barron includes seven model iBT tests with answers and explanations.
- It includes a review on academic skills by the author.
- Score estimates and a list of other useful TOEFL resources are also included.
- Longman TOEFL Preparation Course
The Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL iBT Test from Pearson Longman is a popular title that helps the students with developing integrated skills to prepare TOEFL.
- The book provides comprehensive review and practice materials. There are pop-up explanations included in the accompanying CD.
- It includes diagnostic and practice tests to enable you assess and monitor your progress.
- The appendices include topics on cohesion and sentence structure that can help you improve your writing skills.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page