IBT TOEFL Registration
TOEFL iBT Registration Options
TOEFL is a standardised test conducted to assess the competence of an individual in the English language. The Internet-based TOEFL test is called iBT TOEFL and the paper-based TOEFL is called PBT TOEFL. The test results of TOEFL are used mainly for academic purposes. TOEFL has four sections that aim to assess the abilities of the test-taker in various aspects of the English language. The four sections of TOEFL are: Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. Both the modules of TOEFL have different registration formats. As for the iBT TOEFL registration, it can be done in four ways. The four different iBT TOEFL registration processes are discussed here under:
Online iBT TOEFL Registration:
Online registration is made available to TOEFL candidates at all hours until a week before the test. Candidates need to fill up the online form and procure their payment vouchers for payment during registration. The payment vouchers can be procured from Resellers or from the Resource Centres that are available for iBT TOEFL registration.
Points to consider while registering for iBT TOEFL, online:
- Candidates need to remember that the modes of payment are monitored by the ETS and can be changed without any notification. Every candidate should check for the current status regarding the payments for iBT TOEFL registration at the links given below.
- He/she should also double-check the spellings of their name before filling up the online forms as name corrections can be a tedious job after the registration is complete. Candidates may also not be allowed to enter the test centres if their names do not match with their identity cards that were used for filling up the registration details.
- A methodical process needs to be followed for the iBT TOEFL registration and a step-by-step method is explained on the TOEFL website, to ensure that all candidates complete the process properly.
List of important links the can be useful for online iBT TOEFL registration:
For the details of resellers for vouchers and TOEFL centres, visit the link: http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register/.
For payment details, visit the website: www.ets.org. This is the official website of iBT TOEFL.
To follow a methodical process for iBT TOEFL registration, visit the link: http://www.ets.org/Media/Tests/TOEFL/pdf/4677_TOEFL_Reg_Guide.pdf.
iBT TOEFL Registration by Phone
For iBT TOEFL registration by phone, candidates should procure the form for registration. The form is available from the link that has been given below. There are different phone numbers for different regions to register for the iBT TOEFL. These numbers are available on the official website, at the link mentioned below. The numbers for the USA and Canada are 1-800-468-6335/ 1-443-751-4862.
List of important links the can be useful for iBT TOEFL registration by phone:
Link to download iBT TOEFL registration forms: http://www.ets.org/s/toefl/pdf/iBT_reg_form.pdf.
Link to procure the region-wise phone numbers for registration: http://www.ets.org/s/toefl/pdf/toefl_ibt_rrcs_11-12.pdf.
iBT TOEFL Registration by Mail:
For the iBT TOEFL registration by mail, candidates should download the form from the official website (www.ets.org). Every form requires a code that needs to be filled before dispatching the form by mail. These codes are available at the website itself and candidates should methodically fill up the codes, the personal details, and other specifications as required in the form.
Points to consider while registering for iBT TOEFL by mail:
- The details mentioned above, should be double-checked before sending the iBT TOEFL registration form to the testing authorities.
- The form should be sent much in advance, as it needs to reach the regional centre for processing, a month before the test.
- Once the form is dispatched, candidates should inquire about its status and confirm its receipt from their respective TOEFL centres.
- The details of the various options provided for modes of payment like bank cheques, drafts etc are available in the form itself.
List of important links the can be useful for iBT TOEFL registration by mail:
The link for downloading the form for iBT TOEFL registration by mail is: http://www.ets.org/s/toefl/pdf/iBT_reg_form.pdf.
Link to procure the registration codes: http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register/codes.
In-person iBT TOEFL Registration:
To register for TOEFL iBT in-person, candidates need to visit a Resource Centre for the TOEFL iBT or get the registration vouchers from the Voucher Resellers of TOEFL. These are the same vouchers that can also be used for the other methods of iBT TOEFL registration. In-person registration should be done at least a week before the test so that there is enough time remaining for the test centres to register the details of the candidates. Last minute registration can get erroneous and can thus cause undue problems on the day of the test.
Proper registration is like winning half the battle for important tests like TOEFL. This is because; all the preparation will be useless if problems due to faulty registration occur on the test day. These problems may or may not get resolved, but in any case will leave the candidates harassed and take their focus away from the test, which is something that no TOEFL candidate would want.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page