Registering for THEA
Options Available for THEA Test Registration
The THEA, which stands for Texas Higher Education Assessment test, is an important and compulsory step in every Texan school student’s life, if he or she wants to continue further studies in any college or university based in the state of Texas. This standardized test consists of three equally important sections: Reading, Writing and Mathematics. You need to pass all these three sections in order to pass the test. However, before you start your preparation, you must know in detail about the registration process. After all, it is important to book the test-slot and test-center in advance to avoid last-minute chaos! Reading this article will help you in this regard.
Registration for Quick-Test Format
Before carrying on the registration process, you need to note one important thing i.e. different centers conduct different formats of the test. Some may conduct the Quick-test based format, while others may conduct the Internet-based format. However, there is no difference in terms of the test structure in both these formats. The only difference is in terms of the mode of conducting the test. Hence, if you are not very comfortable with using the computer for the test, you must opt for the Quick-test format. The steps for the registration process for the Quick-test are given below:
- Even for this format of the test, you need to create an online account. You can do this by visiting the link www.thea.starttest.com. Once you click this link, you will be asked to create an account.
- Here you need to provide all important details regarding yourself and your test preferences and requirements.
- The next step would be to choose a test-center near your location. For this step, you must know before-hand which centers near you offer this format of the THEA.
- The next step in this process for this format would be to select a test date, time and the test-center. After making your choice, you need to move over to the payment options. The basic fee of taking the test is 29$. However, you must note here that some centers may charge extra fees after the basic fee once you choose those for the purpose of taking your test.
Registration for Internet Based Format
As mentioned earlier, the Internet-based format is another format in which you can take this test. Follow the steps given below to register for this format of the test:
- Like in the case of the Quick-test, you need to create an online account at the same link mentioned earlier i.e. www.thea.starttest.com. Your account will be complete once you provide all information regarding yourself and your testing requirements.
- The next step would be to choose your nearest test-center that offers the Computer-based format. After selecting the test-center and schedule, you need to proceed to the payment section to complete your registration process.
- The last step is the fee payment that you need to make online. The basic fee is 29$; however, you may be charged extra fees over this by certain test-centers.
Payment and Fee Details
As mentioned earlier, the basic fee for this test is 29$. Some test-centers may charge extra fee apart from the basic fee. Additionally, there are certain other fees you must be aware of. These extra fees are mentioned below:
- For sending additional score reports to educational institutions you did not mention at the time of registration, you need to pay 12$ for simple mail (delivery time of one week) and 25$ for an urgent mail (delivery time of 2 business days).
Registration by Mail
You can register for the test by mail too. You may follow the guidelines given below for the same purpose:
- At the official website, you can find a registration form in pdf format.
- Download that form and print it. Then you need to fill in all the details and mail the completed form to the address of the concerned test-center.
- You need to send the check or money order or a credit card number and its expiration date (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) along with the remaining details on the form.
- Also, remember that the registration is done on a first come-first served basis. Hence, make sure that you send your application form well ahead of the chosen test date so as to ensure being registered for the test in time.
Finally, it can be concluded that the entire process of registration takes place online for both the test formats. For both the formats, the account that you create at the time of registration is very important. It is through this account that you can make changes to your existing test schedule and also see your scores once they are released. Hence, you must provide accurate details while creating this account as this is the only way of registering for this test online.