Where to take the TEAS Test
How does it Matter Which TEAS Test Centre You Choose?
Test for Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is an aptitude test conducted by ATI in accordance to the admission specifications prescribed by the top nursing schools across 50 states of USA. TEAS plays a significant role in designing a student's nursing career as it is the decision-making tool of every nursing school. The TEAS scores help the nursing schools to measure the suitability of a student to take up the course and nursing profession. An added advantage for the benefit of students is that TEAS scores are also obtained for the individual sections along with the composite scores, thereby, helping the student to exhibit his/her efficiency.
Are you finding it a difficult task to decide on where to take the TEAS test? TEAS is a content-driven exam which takes you to a refreshing study of what you have already studied in your high school. The test syllabus covers the subjects; namely Maths, Science, Reading and English & Language Usage skills. The TEAS is a 209 minutes aptitude test that takes you through 170 multiple-choice questions with four options to choose from and it can be taken in computer-based and Pencil & Paper-based formats.
An aspiring TEAS candidate goes through a turbulent stream of questions and becomes arduous to find the answer to these questions at the spur of a moment. Hence, it is strongly recommended to gather as much information as you can before you decide on where to take the TEAS test.
The key to success in the TEAS exam is to build your self-confidence by brushing up your skills, practicing efficiently, gaining strong subject knowledge and by dedicating a lot of time towards the preparations.
To decide on where to take the TEAS test, one must follow these simple steps listed below. These would not only help you to be on your toes but will also give you a breather before you take the test:
Register with ATI
- Create an account with the official test website - www.atitesting.com
- You will be given a unique ID, which would remain the same for any test that you take through ATI.
- You must remember that this account does not mean that you are registering for the TEAS exam. However, this ID is required while registering for the test, which must be done separately.
Where to take the TEAS test: Whilst your registration, you will need to select the state and city where you intend to take the test. Follow the link: http://www.atitesting.com/ati_next_gen/customecom/SessionCityStateSelection.aspx?stf=6&stype=1&prev=1
Choose your Preferences
- Choose a state and city of your preference to take the test. Follow the link http://www.atitesting.com/ati_next_gen/customecom/SessionCityStateSelection.aspx?stf=6&stype=1&prev=1
- Upon selection, you will see that a list of test centres available in your choice of city along with the day, date and time of the test comes up.
- Here, you will also find the information about the cost of the test according to the test centre.
- Select accordingly
Check For the Admission Guidelines
- Every nursing school has its own criterion pre-decided. You must check for this information before choosing the test centre as it is very important to follow these rules.
TEAS Test Scores
- This is a very important factor that rules your decision on where to take the TEAS test.
- ATI sends your scorecard electronically to the schools that you have applied to. However, an important point to remember here is that one must check for the time taken by the results to reach the location. ATI gives an option to every student by sending their scorecards to the schools apart from the ones they have already applied to. However, this is a payable option. Follow the link: http://www.atitesting.com/ati_store/product.aspx?zpid=942 to learn more about this facility.
Retaking the TEAS Test
- Grab every bit of information about retaking the test criteria. This will help you in taking a decision on where to take the TEAS test.
TEAS is no rocket science but one that involves thorough subject knowledge and critical thinking skills. In addition to the above mentioned factors involved in governing your decision about where to take the TEAS test, one significant point to be considered is registering for the exam. Due to the rising demand of the nursing profession, the bar for number of TEAS aspirants is also increasing. So, as soon as you decided on where to take the TEAS test, we recommend that you register yourself for the exam at your choice of centre; this will help you avoid the last minute rush.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page