What is the TEAS Test?
Five Important Questions about TEAS Answered
Nursing, as a career option, is slowly gaining great importance amongst the present generation. If you are a student who is seriously considering nursing as a profession, then you must learn about the TEAS examination. You must be questioning, what is the TEAS test? In order to help you understand the test better; the various features of the examination have been discussed in the following sections of this article:
What does the TEAS Test Mean?
As you begin preparing for the nursing school entrance examination, you must know; what is the TEAS test. It is an examination organized by the ATI (Assessment Technologies Institute), to test your knowledge of high school Mathematics, Science and English. This test is also a thorough analysis of your capability and ability to become a successful healthcare professional. Once you have understood; what is the TEAS test, you will need to understand the question paper format, which has been discussed in the following section of the article.
What is the TEAS Question Paper Like?
Your question; what is the TEAS test, will remain unanswered if you do not have a thorough knowledge of the TEAS question paper. The TEAS consists of four sections, which are as follows:
- Reading: In this section of the test, you will have to critically analyze comprehension passages in order to answer the questions. This part of the test comprises of 40 questions.
- Mathematics: This part of the TEAS will test your basic knowledge of mathematics (arithmetic, algebra and statistics) that you have gathered in high school. This section consists of 45 questions.
- Science: The third section of the TEAS consists of questions that will test your knowledge of basic science, like chemistry, human anatomy etc. This section consists of 30 questions.
- English and Language usage: This part of the question paper will test your knowledge of English grammar, sentence structure, spellings etc. This section consists of 55 questions.
Once you have understood the question paper format, you will need to know how much time you will get to solve the paper, which has been discussed below.
How long will the Test Continue for ?
The TEAS is an examination that continues for 209 minutes, which is approximately 3 hours and 50 minutes. However, this time is not distributed evenly among the four sections of the test. Each section has been allotted a separate time limit by the ATI. The exact time limits for the four sections of the test are as follows:
- In order to solve the Reading section of the TEAS, you will get 50 minutes.
- The questions in the Mathematics section have to be solved in 56 minutes.
- The Science section questions have to be solved in 38 minutes.
- For the English and Language usage section, you will get 65 minutes to solve all the questions.
Knowledge of the time divisions for the various sections of the TEAS is essential when preparing for the test. You should time yourself while solving mock TEAS papers so that you can simulate test-like conditions even at your home. Your knowledge regarding the question paper of the TEAS is incomplete without an idea of its syllabus.
What Should You Study to Ace the TEAS Test?
This examination is primarily a test of the knowledge that you have accumulated during your school and high school years. For example, the Mathematics section of the test will test your knowledge of algebraic equations, data interpretation, percentages, fractions, decimals etc. If you require a detailed knowledge of the syllabus that each section of the test covers then click on the following link: https://www.atitesting.com/solutions/prenursingschool/teas.aspx
However, before you round off gathering information about; what is the TEAS test; you must understand the importance of this examination.
Why should You Take the TEAS Test?
The TEAS test scores provide an insight into the subjects in which you might need to take remedial classes. This will not only help you improve your overall performance, but also help you understand and analyze your weaknesses. Thus, one can say that the TEAS examination is a true representation of your academic knowledge, your critical and analytical skills and your capability to work under stressful conditions.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page