TEAS Version V Study Guide
How to Supplement Your Study with a TEAS Version V Study Guide?
The TEAS is a simple but a highly competitive test and you have to prepare well to attain a score that will help you in joining a nursing program. A TEAS Version V Study Guide is very useful as it will guide you in your test preparation.
Importance of Using a Study Guide
A TEAS Version V Study Guide helps you immensely in your preparation in the following ways:
- All the four subject areas (Math, Science, English and Reading) are covered in a study guide.
- Examples and practice problems are provided.
- Practice tests that would help you in managing time and understanding the format of the test are also be given.
- Ways to analyze and solve problems are provided in study guides.
- Exam tips and methods to relax yourself are also present in many of the study guides.
Ways to Supplement Your Preparation
A TEAS Version V Study Guide has the above-mentioned advantages and can be used for your preparation. Whatever method of preparation you plan to follow, a study guide would help in making your preparation a complete one. These are the ways a study guide supplements your TEAS preparation:
- A TEAS Version V Study Guide would help you in learning and understanding the concepts that you need to know before the test.
- With the practice problems available, it also gives you the much needed practice that you require before taking up the test.
- The practice tests would assist you in organizing the way you go about answering the different questions of the TEAS and understanding the types of problems that you would face in the real test because the practice tests in a TEAS Version V Study Guide is a true reflection of what you will encounter in the test.
There are many study guides available but the reviews of a few of the best ones are given below:
- TEAS Review Manual, Vers. V (5) (ATI, Study Manual for the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS))
This is a must-have TEAS Version V Study Guide as this is from ATI, the administrators of the TEAS test. The book covers all the four subject areas of the test along with two 150-item practice tests. The answers to these two tests along with the answers to the many questions that are available all through the book are given towards the end of the study guide. This study guide can be ordered online from the ATI website,http://www.atitesting.com/ati_store/product.aspx?zpid=1175 for $ 46 or from some of the online book stores like amazon.com.
- McGraw-Hill's Nursing School Entrance Exams
A team of well renowned test-prep tutors have developed this study guide. The important feature of this book is that all the subject areas are covered here. Other salient features are that there are hundreds of questions and eight practice tests in this study book which would help in building your academic skills. Useful and practical strategies are provided which will help you mastering the different question types of the TEAS test. Scientific illustrations are given for important concepts and this helps in understanding these concepts clearly. New copies of this book are available at $11.27 and the used copies are priced at $5.
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Nursing Entrance Exams-NP-C, MSN, RN, Maryanne Baudo , Robin Kavanagh
All the subject areas and sub-topics are covered in this study guide along with sample questions for each of the topics. Two full-length practice tests are also a part of this book. The cost of this book is $14.37 and is available at amazon.com
A good TEAS Version V Study Guide will definitely help you in preparing for the test but one important thing you should remember is that; a good preparation depends on how you study for the test and not on the books you possess. Study guides can only supplement your preparation and therefore, kindly draft a study schedule and prepare sincerely for the test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page