TEAS Testing Sites
How to Select TEAS Test Centres?
The Test for Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is formulated to evaluate a student's abilities and skill sets as specified by the nursing schools across USA. This test also defines the parameters of one's suitability in the nursing profession. The TEAS is the deciding tool for the nursing schools and therefore it is a mandate for every aspirant to take the exam and excel in it with flying colors. The test is conducted by ATI, Assessment Technologies Institute, LLC, which works in accordance to the nursing schools spread across 50 states of the USA to facilitate the proficiency of nursing career.
Students and nursing schools are benefitted in abundance by ATI as a medium to provide the best students most suitable for the healthcare profession. The TEAS test is designed not only to help the students exhibit their capabilities but also the nursing schools by providing them with a descriptive scorecard enabling them to choose the right candidates for their respective school.
Important Aspects of the TEAS Test
Nursing schools judge a student's eligibility and admission into their school based on the academic skills displayed on the performance scorecard. The TEAS test takes you through 170 multiple-choice questions with four options each divided into four sections including the subjects Maths, Science, Reading and English & Language usage skills. The duration of the test is 209 minutes. This test can be taken in computer-based and paper & pencil-based formats.
TEAS test sites
ATI has designated a multitude of TEAS test sites across USA. You will find the complete list readily available for your use on the official test website www.atitesting.com. However, it can be a difficult task to choose the best and the most suitable testing site from this list
10 Important Steps to Help You Choose the TEAS Test Sites
- Create an account with ATI. This can be done online on the official test website; however, it should not be misunderstood as a registration for the test.
- You will be given a unique ID, which would remain the same for any test taken through ATI.
- Whilst your registration, you will need to select the state and city where you intend to take the test. Follow the link: http://www.atitesting.com/ati_next_gen/customecom/SessionCityStateSelection.aspx?stf=6&stype=1&prev=1
- Upon selection, a whole list of colleges offering TEAS pops up.
- This list gives detailed information about the college in the selected city along with the testing date and timings.
- Here you can choose the date, time, and location of preference as per your convenience and register to take the test.
- One important step is to check with the TEAS testing sites before registering, as there are some constraints and specifications that need to be followed.
- The cost of the TEAS testing sites is also mentioned as per the centres; and thus, varies accordingly.
- ATI sends your scorecard electronically to the TEAS testing sites that you have applied for. An important point to remember is the need to check the time required for these results to reach the school.
Please note: ATI gives an opportunity to every aspiring student by sending their scorecard to additional schools apart from the ones chosen during registration, by paying an additional amount. You may refer the official test website for details. Follow the link: http://www.atitesting.com/ati_store/product.aspx?zpid=942
- Last but not the least, you must get complete information about the retesting criteria of the schools that you are planning to apply for.
An early bird always receives the best, thereby; it is highly recommended that one should be really quick in decision making for the TEAS testing sites. The reason being that the number of aspirants is high, the slots in the TEAS testing sites tend to get booked fast.
The TEAS lays a foundation stone to your nursing career and to achieve this goal, a lot of hard work and determination goes in. Once you have decided on the TEAS testing sites and registered yourself for the test, the only thing left is to put in those extra efforts and time for the preparations. Make the optimum use of the ATI website as it provides a multitude of resources for your study. Practice makes a man perfect, so keep practicing on the self-assessment forms and test your preparations. This will help in building your confidence levels and achieve your dream of becoming a professional nurse.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page