TEAS test study book
5 Pitfalls While Studying From a TEAS test study book
The Test for Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a prerequisite for admission with many schools for nursing programs. This aptitude test for basic skills required for the nursing field is standardized. It is widely accepted by institutes, because it is a psychometric test designed by ATI which maps the competencies in the candidate relevant to nursing.
The TEAS test is in multiple choice formats and has 170 questions. These questions are divided in 4 time bound sections, which are the reading section, the math section, the science section and the English language and usage section respectively. The TEAS test lasts for about 3 ½ hours. Therefore, preparing for the TEAS test takes a lot of effort and choosing the right study resources can be overwhelming. However, there might be a few points you might want to consider while purchasing a good TEAS test study book.
Points to Consider while Selecting a TEAS Study Guide:
- Selective Information:
There are many TEAS books available in the market, but not every TEAS guide provides adequate information on all test sections .There are also many TEAS study guides that provide theoretical information only and focus less on assessments. It would be better to purchase books with positive reviews, than settling for a TEAS test study guide with poor information.
- Difference in Rationales:
Another problem is that every TEAS test study book poses a different rationale for problem solving. Hence, it is important that you purchase a TEAS study guide which is authored by experienced people after thorough research. This is why you also have to consider the average user ratings for any TEAS study guide, before making your purchase.
- Time-Bound Practice Sessions:
Many candidates just focus on getting to the right answer without paying attention to the time they spend on each question. You should know that all the TEAS test sections are time bound; therefore, the time you would get to solve for every question will vary from section to section. Hence, it is important you practice the questions for each section accordingly.
- TEAS Score Calculation:
In order to map your progress during self assessments, you would have to understand the methodology the TEAS test follows to calculate the TEAS score. You would have to rely on online practice assessments to know where your TEAS score. This becomes another disadvantage of preparing merely through a study guide.
- Lack Of a Study Plan:
Every TEAS guide in the market would have theoretical explanation, assessment s for practice and problem solving techniques, but very few books would have tips on how to create a helpful study plan. You will have to create your own study plan and follow it meticulously if you wish to ace the TEAS test.
Reviews and Ratings of Some Useful TEAS Resources:
There are different reviews for many TEAS study guides. However, there are a few books with good and consistent ratings. Many candidates who have taken the TEAS exam and have secured a high score found these books helpful. A short review of these books is mentioned below. This might help you decide the best TEAS test study book for you.
- The TEAS V Study Package: ATI offers many online TEAS study resources which have proven to be very beneficial and has outstanding user reviews. The user ratings mentioned on www.amazon.com for this particular book is 4.4 out of 5 stars. It is available at (http://www.atitesting.com/ati_store/product.aspx?zpid=1194).
- The McGraw-Hills 5 TEAS Practice Tests: This TEAS book is a compilation of 6 comprehensive TEAS assessments along with rationales and answer keys. The user ratings mentioned on www.amazon.com for this particular book is 4.4 out of 5 stars. This book is available at http://www.amazon.com/McGraw-Hills-5-TEAS-Practice-Tests/dp/0071767770.
- Cracking the Nursing School Entrance Exams: This book has all the information needed for cracking exams like NET, TEAS, or NLN PAX-RN. It has many practice problems with detailed rationales. It also contains key test-taking strategies which would help you in getting a high score . The user ratings mentioned on www.amazon.com for this particular book is 4.4 out of 5 stars. This is available at (http://www.amazon.com/Cracking-Nursing-Entrance-Graduate-Preparation/dp/0375427422/ref=pd_sim_b_4).
Getting a good TEAS test study book happens to be the first advice given, when you start preparing for the TEAS test. However, with a little research you could not only avoid the danger of being unprepared, but possess a good TEAS test study book that would help you ace the test!
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page