TEAS Test Science Questions
Sources of Practice Questions for TEAS
The TEAS is a test administered by the ATI and is used for identifying prospective candidates who can succeed in a nursing program. Additionally, most nursing schools require the TEAS scores for the admission process. The TEAS test has four domains: Math, Science, Language and Reading. The test identifies if you have the required skills for enrolling in a nursing program. In this article, we shall see the Science domain details.
The Science Domain
The knowledge and skills in the science domain are essential for a nursing student. There are 30 TEAS test science questions and these questions have to be answered within 38 minutes. All the TEAS test science questions are multiple-choice questions containing four answer options. The questions fall under any one of these categories: Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Biology- The TEAS test science questions under this category can be from:
- Cellular Anatomy-Cellular organelles and their functions
- Cellular Processes- The different cellular processes like respiration, cell division
- Biochemistry- Names and functions of the various enzymes
- Anatomy & Physiology- The areas tested here are:
- Various body systems- Understanding the different systems like the respiratory, circulatory systems of the body
- Organs and Body parts- Names and functions of the different parts of the human body
- Diseases- Diseases affecting the different systems of the body
- Chemistry- The following are the areas that are tested from this section:
- Periodic Table- Chemical names and abbreviations
- Chemical Anatomy- Electrons, protons, neutrons and formation of ions
- Physics- Theoretical and mathematical parts are tested here and the topics covered here are:
- Theories- Theories of movement, optics, sound, etcetera
- Discoveries- History and major discoveries
- Mathematical formula- The formulae associated with theories
- Graph- Graph reading skills and interpretation of results
Sources for TEAS Preparation
A thorough preparation is inevitable if your aim is to get a high TEAS score and thereafter join a nursing program. Primarily, two sources are available for you to practice TEAS test science questions and these are:
Books- There are many TEAS study guides available in the market today which contain TEAS test science questions for your practice. The answers to these questions would also be given in these books. Some of the useful TEAS study books are:
- TEAS Review Manual, Vers. V (5) (ATI, Study Manual for the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS))
- Cracking the Nursing School Entrance Exams (Graduate School Test Preparation)- Princeton Review
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Nursing Entrance Exams-NP-C, MSN, RN, Maryanne Baudo , Robin Kavanagh
Online sources- There are many free and paid practice tests available online. These practice questions prove to be very helpful while preparing for the TEAS test. Flash cards are available as well for your test preparation. Some of the useful links are:
After one identifies these TEAS test science questions sources, he/she would have to make full use of it. It is ideal that you practice these tests keeping a check on the time you take because the TEAS is a timed test and therefore, working out the test within the stipulated time is crucial. Once you have attempted a test, review your performance and modify your preparation methodology, if required, based on the test results.
- TEAS test is conducted to identify candidates who have the required skills to join a nursing program.
- Science is one of the subject areas tested in the TEAS.
- The science domain of the TEAS tests both basic and applied science concepts.
- Scientific reasoning based on the science concepts also form a part of the test questions.
- Both online and hard copy study guides are available as a source of TEAS test science questions.
- Take as many practice tests as possible and review your position after each test.
- With a thorough practice you could easily ace the TEAS test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page