TEAS Test Review
Essentials of a TEAS Test Review Source
The TEAS or the Test of Essential Academic Skills is a multiple-choice, standardized test. This test is administered by the ATI to identify potential candidates for nursing programs and the subjects tested in it are Mathematics, Reading, Language and Science. There are 170 questions that need to be answered in 209 minutes in this test.
Preparation for the Test
Like for any test, a thorough and sincere preparation is required for the TEAS test to attain a good score. There are different ways by which you can prepare for the test. To name a few, you can study by yourself (alone or in a group) or you could join some professional classes and prepare for the test. However, irrespective of your method of preparation, you need good TEAS test review sources to help you excel in the test.
Good TEAS test review sources could be in the form of online resources or hard copy resources. In today's world, many good online books and practice tests are available. Some of these are free of cost while for others you would have to pay. The hard copy resources are books. These books play a very important role during test preparation as along with containing a good amount of information, they contain practice tests as well.
A good TEAS test review source should contain the following essential features:
- Topics Covered- The most essential feature of a good TEAS test review source is that it should cover all the topics of the TEAS test.
- Explanations- Another important feature that a good review source should satisfy is that proper and full explanations must be given for all the problems.
- Practice Tests- As the adage goes, "practice makes a man perfect", practice is essential to get a good score in the TEAS. Therefore, a good TEAS test book or review source should contain a minimum of 2 practice tests.
- Exam Tips- A few of the review sources contain good exam tips which would help you in solving the problems in a faster and simpler way. Some of these tips also help in reducing stress. Hence, sources with these exam tips prove to be very useful.
- Cost- While buying a book, cost is an important factor and care must be taken to check if the book is worth the money spent or not.
Review of a Few TEAS Books
- McGraw-Hill's Nursing School Entrance Exams
A team of renowned test tutors have prepared this test book and it covers all the TEAS topics in detail. Hundreds of questions and eight practice tests are the highlights of this TEAS test review book. Strategies to help you master each and every question type are provided in this study guide. Scientific illustrations to help you understand the important concepts are also present in this book. New books are priced at $11.27 while used copies can be purchased at $5.
- TEAS Review Manual, Vers. V (5) (ATI, Study Manual for the Test of Essential Academic Skills(TEAS))
This study manual is from the ATI which is the TEAS administrator. This book summarizes all the concepts in a simple way with two practice tests and their answers which are provided towards the end of the book. Along with these tests, practice problems are also provided and therefore, this study guide proves to be very useful. It is priced at $44.16.
- Pass the TEAS V: Complete TEAS 5 Study Guide with Practice Test Questions
This TEAS test study guide has been prepared by a team of test experts and the book covers all the subject areas of the TEAS test. This TEAS test review book helps you learn the concepts faster by helping you understand your strengths and weaknesses. Tips to answer the multiple-choice questions are an added advantage that this book offers. Further, ways to help you reduce common mistakes are also provided in this study guide. Moreover, two complete sets of questions with over 500 questions are provided in this book for your practice. This book is priced at $35.11.
While buying a TEAS test review source, utmost care has to be taken. Firstly, check if it satisfies the above-mentioned essentials of a good review source and secondly, since an ideal book for each one of us would be different, kindly go through the book or resource before purchasing it.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page