TEAS Test Dates and Locations
How to Decide Your TEAS Testing Schedule
The Test of Essential Academic Skills or the TEAS is administered by the ATI to identify the appropriate students who have the potential to successfully complete a nursing program. Learning about the TEAS test dates and locations are mandatory if you are planning to take up the test. This article talks about this and also helps you decide on your TEAS testing schedule.
TEAS Test Dates and Locations
The TEAS test locations are available in all the 50 states of the United States and this is a major advantage since you can attempt the test from anywhere in the country. The website, http://www.atitesting.com/ati_next_gen/customecom/SessionCityStateSelection.aspx?stf=6&stype=1&prev=1, contains the list of the testing centers where the test is administered. After you log on to the above website, you can choose your testing location by selecting the state and the city where you would like to take up the test. A list of the TEAS test dates and locations available at that particular city are displayed. If you are comfortable with the test date and location, you can register for the test by clicking on the ‘Register’ button. If you want to know the other details and the rules governing the test at that test center, you can click on the 'Learn More' button.
Scheduling the TEAS Test
You have to take utmost care while choosing a test date and location from the many TEAS test dates and locations available because the scores in the test are the passport for you to join a nursing program. For some of you, the testing date may be more important than the testing location while for the rest of you testing location gets more priority than the date of the test. Therefore, identify your priorities and then decide on one from the available TEAS test dates and locations.
The following are some of the points you should remember before choosing a test date and location:
- Preparation Time- First, decide on a few comfortable dates keeping in mind the time you will require for the test preparation because; you need at least two months to prepare thoroughly for this test.
- Date Availability- Secondly; check if the ATI offers the test on the dates you have decided or not. You should always choose more than 2 dates so that even if the test is not offered on the first date of your choice, you can check for the other dates.
- Location Availability- Now, try to identify the testing locations which offer the test and where seats are available. It is always best to choose a testing location that is closest to your home. Moreover, check if the center is accessible from your place of stay or not.
- Time Availability- You must also keep in mind the time required for the test results to reach the nursing schools before you decide on the test date. Many schools have a deadline date before which the test results have to be received by them.
Other Points to Remember...
- The testing centers are mostly located at the campuses of the university where the nursing program is offered.
- Each testing center has a different registration fee.
- Only some centers send your score report to other nursing colleges and therefore, it is ideal that you take up the test in a center where you plan to join for the nursing course.
- If the nursing school of your interest is far away from where you stay, try to identify a testing location which will send your score report to other nursing schools and register for the test there.
- Also ensure that the test timing offered by the testing center is suitable for you.
- Try to identify a testing date and location suited for you and register for the test at the earliest as the test centers get filled up fast.
Though there are many TEAS test dates and locations available, you have to choose the one that is ideal for you. Moreover, identifying the correct test date and location is a crucial step that you take on the way to realizing your dream of joining a nursing program. Even if you take a few days, recognize your priorities and make the right decision.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page