TEAS Test Dates and Locations
How to Decide Your TEAS Testing Schedule
The Test of Essential Academic Skills or the TEAS is administered by the ATI to identify the appropriate students who have the potential to successfully complete a Nursing program. Learning about the various details and options are mandatory if you are planning to take up the test. This article provides information that can help you decide on your testing schedule.
Choosing a Testing Location
Test locations are available in all the 50 states of the United States and this is a major advantage since you can attempt the test from anywhere in the country. The website, http://www.atitesting.com/ati_next_gen/customecom/SessionCityStateSelection.aspx?stf=6&stype=1&prev=1, contains a list of centers where the test is administered. After you log on to the above website, you can choose your testing location by selecting the state and the city where you would like to take up the test. A list of the centers and timelines available in that particular city are displayed. If you are comfortable with the test date and location, you can register for the test by clicking on the ‘Register’ button. If you want to know the other details and the rules governing the test at that test center, you can click on the 'Learn More' button.
Scheduling the Test
You have to take utmost care while choosing a test date and location from the many available because the scores in the test are the passport for you to join a Nursing program. For some of you, the testing date may be more important than the testing location while for the rest of you testing location gets more priority than the date of the test. Therefore, identify your priorities and then decide on one from the available options.
The following are some of the points you should remember before choosing a test date and location:
- Preparation Time- First, decide on a few comfortable dates keeping in mind the time you will require for the test preparation because you need at least two months to prepare thoroughly for this test.
- Date Availability- Secondly, check if the ATI offers the test on the dates you have decided. You should always choose more than two dates so that even if the test is not offered on the first date of your choice, you can check for the other dates.
- Location Availability- Now, try to identify the locations which offer the test and where seats are available. It is always best to choose a test site that is closest to your home. Moreover, check if the center is accessible from your place of stay or not.
- Time Availability- You must also keep in mind the time required for the test results to reach the Nursing schools before you decide on the test date. Many schools have a deadline date before which the test results have to be received by them.
Other Points to Remember...
- The testing centers are mostly located at the campuses of the university where the Nursing program is offered.
- Each center has a different registration fee.
- Only some centers send your score report to Nursing colleges and therefore, it is ideal that you take up the test in a center where you plan to join the course.
- If the Nursing school of your interest is far away from where you stay, try to identify a site which will send your score report to other Nursing schools and register for the test there.
- Also ensure that the test timing offered by the testing center is suitable for you.
- Try to identify a time and venue suited for you and register for the test at the earliest as the test centers get filled up fast.
Though there are many centers available, you have to choose the one that is ideal for you. Moreover, identifying the correct timeline is a crucial step that you take on the way to realizing your dream of joining a Nursing program. Even if you take a few days, recognize your priorities and make the right decision.