TEAS Exam Review
5 Points to Remember When You Select a TEAS Exam Review Book
With several colleges using the TEAS V scores for making nursing program admission decisions, the TEAS is an important test in the career of many nursing school aspirants. The competitive test requires that students put in a considerable amount of preparation and practice for cracking it. In this article, learn how you can choose a good review book; also read reviews about some good books that should be in your TEAS exam review collection.
5 Points to Remember while Choosing a Good TEAS Exam Review Book
With plenty of resource types and titles around, and practical concerns like affordability restricting you, it can be a very tricky thing to choose a good TEAS exam review title. Here are five points that you should remember while choosing a good review book:
- The book of your needs:
Though many TEAS exam review materials are available, identify and select only those titles that fit your needs. For example, if you need specific help in a particular test area, choose a title or a number of titles that can sharpen your skills in the area. You may also remember that a book that your neighbor or friend chose need not be good enough for you.
- The content of the book:
Whether it is comprehensive or specific in nature, any good TEAS exam review book should, ideally, provide an overview of the TEAS test in it. In addition, it should cover all the essentials of the TEAS test or test section for which you are looking for help.
- Authenticity and quality of the content:
Quality content and authenticity of the prep material are important factors while undertaking any test preparation. Ensure the title you choose is authentic and include quality materials. You may choose reputed publishers or print houses in the field of nursing education/exam prep fields.
- Practice tests are a must:
Along with quality content, taking practice tests is one of the best ways to get familiarized with the test pattern. A good TEAS exam review title should include sample questions; or make sure that you get practice resources additionally.
- Price of the title:
Price can be a determining factor while buying a book. However, it does not mean that only expensive titles are good for your preparation. Take care of your pocket, while choosing the best TEAS exam review title for yourself.
Three of the popular TEAS exam review books are reviewed below. You may choose these for your TEAS preparation:
TEAS Review Manual, Vers. V (5) (ATI, Study Manual for the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
Published by ATI itself, the developer of the TEAS test, this is a popular, authentic, and comprehensive TEAS exam review manual available today. The important features of this guide are:
- Extensive review materials on all the TEAS core sections are included in this book.
- Practice questions are another important aspect, where each question is provided with a detailed answer key.
- It is a competitively priced title that can be bought locally or online from the ATI online store (http://www.atitesting.com/ati_store/product.aspx?zpid=1194).
On another note, the lack of tips and tricks for test taking could be termed a negative point that can distract certain readers who are especially looking for test tips and tricks.
TEAS Exam Practice Questions: TEAS® Practice Tests & Review for the Test of Essential Academic Skills (2011)
This is yet another popular title for TEAS exam review and comes from the publishing house of Mometrix Media. Important features of this guide include:
- It is a guide focusing on the practice aspect of TEAS preparation.
- The practice questions included in this guide not only help you learn the pattern of the test, but also provide an opportunity to understand your strengths and weaknesses.
- Questions cover all the core aspects tested in TEAS and are accompanied by detailed explanations.
- The book is averagely priced and goes well with other review-centered materials.
- You may purchase this book from local bookstalls or online.
McGraw-Hills 5 TEAS Practice Tests
Published by McGraw Hill, this is yet another TEAS exam review title focusing on the practice aspect of TEAS test preparation.
- It includes six full-length, TEAS practice tests that are modeled on the original test.
- The questions span across the four core areas of testing, viz. English, Reading, Mathematics, and Science; each question is accompanied by a detailed explanation that helps you understand the answer in depth.
- Kathy Zahler, the author, is considered an expert in her field, and the content of this prep book is considered quite authentic and useful.
- The book is available on Kindle and as a paperback edition.
However, this is a prep book that does not cover any review materials or even test taking strategies; and therefore, cannot be called a comprehensive prep help book.
You may use these reviews listed here in your prep book search or may select some of these titles for your TEAS test preparation. The important point is that you understand your needs for TEAS exam review and accordingly choose your titles for TEAS preparation.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page