TEAS Exam Nursing
What Options do you have besides TEAS?
TEAS or the Test of Essential Academic Skills is an exam that is conducted by ATI or Assessment Technology Institute for enabling students to take up courses for continuing their education in the field of Nursing. The scores of this test, which are delivered individually as well as in groups, allow the educators to determine the potential of the students for a career in Nursing. Additionally, the scores also help them in providing assistance to those students who require support for the subjects that are tested in this exam.
Therefore, the exam helps in bringing out the best brains that are fit for adult Nursing school programs and those candidates who may not have the required level of competence for pursuing studies in this area. Besides this, the group results enable educators to devise appropriate admission procedures in association with the psychometricians.
As far as the structure of the test is concerned, there are four sections consisting of 170 multiple-choice questions that are to be answered in 209 minutes. The details of the test sections can be noted in the following points:
- Reading In this section, students must answer questions that are based on comprehension passages and require them to draw suitable inferences. There are 48 questions in this section that are to be completed within 58 minutes.
- Mathematics For attempting the questions on Mathematics, students must have appropriate knowledge of the topics that include ratio and proportion, metric conversion, decimals, percentages, fractions and algebraic equations. For answering 34 questions in this section, the time allotted for completion is 51 minutes.
- Science The questions in this section are related to Chemistry, Biology and Physical Sciences. The students have to attempt 54 questions within 66 minutes.
- English Grammar and Usage In this section, the test takers need to prove their skills and abilities for answering questions on punctuation, sentence construction and grammar. There are 34 questions to be answered within 34 minutes.
The test is important as it provides an opportunity to students to prove their competence and skills for joining Nursing programs and the scores predict the rate of success of these students for continuing their studies and pursuing a career in Nursing.
What are the options that a student has besides TEAS when it comes to entrance programs for Nursing? Lets us sum up a few points on this in the next few lines:
- The test, which is also called as the Test of Essential Academic Skills, is the only option for the students as far as pursuing studies in this field is concerned. In other words, the results of this test determine the basic skills and abilities of the students for pursuing courses in adult Nursing programs.
- The National Licensure Exam or NCLEX for RN is conducted by the National Council of State Boards for Nursing, which allows test takers to consider a career in Nursing after the completion of graduation in this field.
- In short, TEAS is an exam for continuing studies in Nursing and NCLEX is a test for those candidates who have already finished their graduation in Nursing and preparing to join a professional course.
- Therefore, when it comes to a test for measuring the potential of the students for a career in Nursing, TEAS is the only exam. Besides this, the scores of the test also allow the educators to prepare those students who require remedial assistance for subjects that are tested.
TEAS is an exam that provides a unique opportunity to students for continuing their studies in Nursing and to pursue a career in this field.