TEAS Exam Nursing
What Options do you have besides TEAS?
TEAS exam nursing or the Test of Essential Academic Skills is an exam that is conducted by ATI or Assessment Technology Institute for enabling the students to take up nursing courses for continuing their education in the field of nursing. The scores of this test, which are delivered individually as well as in groups, allow the educators to determine the potential of the students for a career in nursing. Additionally, the scores also help them in providing assistance to those students who require support for the subjects that are tested in this exam.
Therefore, TEAS exam nursing helps in bringing out the best brains that are fit for adult nursing school programs and those candidates who may not have the required level of competence for pursuing studies in this area. Besides this, the group results enable the educators to devise appropriate admission procedures in association with the psychometricians.
As far as TEAS exam nursing is concerned, there are four sections of this test consisting of 170 multiple-choice questions that are to be answered in 209 minutes. The details of the test sections can be noted in the following points:
- Reading In this section of TEAS exam nursing, the students have to answer questions that are based on comprehension passages and require them to draw suitable inferences. There are 48 questions in this section that are to be completed within 58 minutes.
- Mathematics For attempting the questions on mathematics, the students must have appropriate knowledge of the topics that include ratio and proportion, metric conversion, decimals, percentages, fractions and algebraic equations. For answering 34 questions in this section, the time allotted for completion is 51 minutes.
- Science The questions in this section are related to chemistry, biology and physical sciences. The students have to attempt 54 questions within 66 minutes.
- English Grammar and Usage In this section, the test takers need to prove their skills and abilities for answering questions on punctuation, sentence construction and grammar. There are 34 questions to be answered within 34 minutes.
The TEAS test is important as it provides an opportunity to the students to prove their competence and skills for joining the nursing programs and the scores predict the rate of success of these students for continuing their studies and pursuing a career in nursing.
What are the options that a student has besides TEAS when it comes to entrance programs for nursing? Lets us sum up a few points on this in the next few lines:
- The TEAS exam nursing, which is also called as the Test of Essential Academic Skills, is the only option for the students as far as pursuing studies in this field is concerned. In other words, the results of TEAS test determine the basic skills and abilities of the students for pursuing courses in adult nursing programs.
- The National Licensure Exam or NCLEX for RN is conducted by National Council of State Boards for Nursing allows the test takers to consider a career in nursing after the completion of graduation in this field.
- In short, TEAS is an exam for continuing studies in nursing and NCLEX is a test for those candidates who have already finished their graduation in nursing and preparing to join a professional course.
- Therefore, when it comes to a test for measuring the potential of the students for a career in nursing, TEAS is the only exam. Besides this, the scores of the test also allow the educators to prepare those students for nursing who require remedial assistance for the subjects that are tested in TEAS exam nursing.
TEAS exam nursing provides a unique opportunity to the students for continuing their studies in nursing that enables them to pursue a career in this field.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page