TEAS Exam for Nursing
When Should you Take TEAS Exam for Nursing?
The TEAS exam for nursing or the Test of Essential Academic Skills is administered by ATI or Assessment Technology Institute for the students in order to measure their potential for pursuing a career in nursing. With the help of the scores attained by the students in this exam, it is easier for their educators to assess whether a student has the potential to continue his/her studies in this field or require more assistance in the subjects that are tested in this exam. Furthermore, the integrated scores of the test are also used by the educators for devising a proper program for admission in the field of nursing.
When Should the TEAS Test be Taken?
The TEAS exam for nursing can be taken by the students after considering the following factors:
- Those students who are desirous of taking TEAS exam for nursing should create an account with ATI in order to complete the registration formalities that are required to be completed for taking this test.
- Each test taker should consult the study guides that are available for TEAS as part of their preparation for this exam.
- Learning the strategies for taking TEAS exam for nursing is important and the students must consider taking mock tests regularly before the final day of the test.
- The applicants of TEAS exam for nursing should have appropriate understanding of the real objective of this exam and realize the pros and cons of a nursing career. Thereafter, they must analyze whether they have the urge for continuing a career in this field. All this is required before the test is taken because the job of a nurse entails extreme dedication and a candidate needs to achieve excellence through a constant process of learning.
- The test takers must evaluate their strengths and weaknesses with respect to the subjects before taking this teat and take the steps that are required for strengthening their skills.
- It is necessary to eliminate all fears and anxieties about TEAS before taking the test. For this, the students must know in detail about the sections and duration of the test in which the questions have to be answered by them.
The Duration and Sections of the Test
As far as TEAS test for nursing is concerned, there are four sections of this test containing 170 multiple-choice questions that are to be answered within 209 minutes.
The sections of the test can be noted in the following points:
- Reading: The test takers have to answer 48 questions in this section within 58 minutes and the questions are based on reading comprehension passages from which they have to draw suitable conclusions.
- Mathematics: In order to complete 34 questions within 51 minutes in this section of TEAS exam for nursing, the students must have knowledge of fractions, ratio and proportion, decimals, metric conversion and algebraic equations.
- Science: The questions are based on chemistry, biology and physical principles and there are 54 questions to be answered within 66 minutes.
- English Language and Usage: The test takers have to demonstrate their skills of English Grammar, punctuation and construction of sentences in this section that contains 34 questions to be answered by them within 34 minutes.
The TEAS exam for nursing is an important milestone for all those students who are keen to proceed with a career in nursing. In order to know the potential or the skills and abilities of the test takers, and for providing assistance to those students who need support regarding the subjects that are tested in this exam, TEAS test is an excellent option. A career in the field of nursing is filled with many challenges and apprehensions for which obtaining goo scores in the TEAS test is one of the primary requirements that all participants must fulfill before achieving their career goals.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page