TEAS 5 Test
Steps involved in taking the TEAS 5 test
The TEAS 5 test is the latest version of TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills), conducted by Assessment Technologies Institute, for admission in nursing courses. Nursing schools use information about the scores obtained by the course applicants to assess their suitability for admission in the nursing courses offered by them.
TEAS 5 Test Categories and Question Pattern
TEAS 5 tests a student's academic skills in English, Language Usage, Mathematics and Science. A total of 170 questions need to be answered in a total time of 209 minutes. The questions are set from the TEAS question bank of ATI. The examinee has to answer multiple-choice questions in these subjects. Each question has 4 or 5 options as answers and the examinees have to choose the most appropriate answer amongst them.
TEAS 5 Test Sections
The TEAS 5 test has 4 sections: Reading, Mathematics, Science, English and Language Usage. Each of these sections has sub-sections as shown below:
Reading- This section, consisting of the Paragraph Comprehension and Passage Comprehension sub-sections, constitutes 28 % of the entire test paper.
Mathematics- This section, which forms 20 % of the entire question paper, tests the student's arithmetic, algebra, data interpretation and measurement skills.
Science- This section, covering 30 % of the entire question paper, is the largest section of the TEAS test paper. In this section, you can expect questions which test your knowledge of the human body, other life forms, geography and scientific reasoning.
English and Language Usage- This section, which forms 20 % of the question paper, tests your soundness in English grammar, punctuation, spellings and sentence structure.
Duration of TEAS 5 Test
The total duration of the TEAS 5 test is 209 minutes. The breakup of the time duration as per the different sections of the test is shown below:
- Reading This section, which has 48 questions, is ideally attempted in 58 minutes.
- Mathematics In this section, you have to attempt 34 questions in 54 minutes.
- Science This section has 54 questions which you have to answer in 66 minutes. This section requires the maximum amount of your time and you should set aside that much time to complete it.
- English and Language Usage You have to attempt 34 questions in this section and you are given one minute to answer each of those.
The Importance of TEAS 5 test
TEAS 5 test of ATI is a reliable and prestigious assessment tool for nursing colleges to assess the aptitude of applicants for their college. It has been observed that the TEAS certificate holders generally perform well in the nursing courses than those who have not taken the test. Hence, nowadays, many colleges prefer to admit those students who have qualified in the TEAS test. The composite score and the scores obtained in the individual sections of the TEAS test enable the course counsellors to find out a course that best suits a course applicant.
Steps Involved in Taking the TEAS 5 Test
The TEAS 5 test is an online test and is taken at a test centre. You have to perform the following steps in order to appear for it:
- The first step for taking the TEAS test is to register at the TEAS website (http://www.atitesting.com/ati_next_gen/customecom/SessionCityStateSelection.aspx?stf=6&stype=1&prev=1).
- Provide details about your choice of exam venue, and its time and date on the registration form.
- Pay the examination fees, as specified, on the TEAS website.
- The TEAS website will provide you with a username and password, which you will use to access your account.
- Visit the examination venue with your ATI username, password and a couple of passport-sized photographs for verification.
- Appear for the examination once your credentials are verified.
A student can attempt TEAS 5 test for a maximum of three times a year, with a minimum of 30 days gap within two consecutive attempts.
Many prestigious colleges admit students based on their TEAS 5 test scores. Hence, it is important for you to perform well in this test. Remember to keep adequate time in hand for preparation before finalizing your TEAS 5 test date.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page