take the TEAS test
When should you Appear for TEAS?
The Test of Essential Academic Skills or TEAS is an exam that is administered for those students who are keen to take up adult nursing programs in colleges in order to pursue a career in the field of nursing. The job of a nurse involves draining tasks that are to be performed with responsibility and dedication. For studying the nursing courses, the candidates need to have basic skills of the subjects that are tested in the TEAS exam.
Therefore, in order to take the TEAS test, the candidates should have knowledge of the following subjects:
- English Grammar and Usage
Those students, who want to take the TEAS test, should be prepared to answer 170 questions of multiple choice types that are to be completed within 209 minutes. In short, TEAS is a timed test in which there are fixed timings allotted for answering each section of the test. Thus, the students need to take timed mock tests regularly in order to strengthen their preparation for the TEAS exam.
However, the question that often crosses the mind of examinees is when to take the TEAS test? Let us note a few things about this aspect:
- The preparation of TEAS test is significant as it is the only test that assists the students to continue their education in adult nursing programs. Therefore, the students can take this test after the completion of high school.
- In order to take the TEAS test, the students are supposed to create an account with www.atitesting.com in order to register for this exam. Thus, the students have to sign up for the test for obtaining the dates. It is important that each student must have already finished their preparations before moving ahead with the registration formalities.
- Ideally, a student should register only after he/she has completed the initial preparation of the test. In short, after the completion of the formalities of registration, the students need to add to their existing efforts by taking practice tests in order to eliminate the fears and anxieties that increase with the passage of time.
- The preparatory methods for TEAS test counts a lot because it instills confidence in the students before taking the test. An applicant of TEAS should consider taking the test only when he/she is sufficiently confident about their preparation.
- When a student feels confident about taking the test, it indicates that he/she has the urge to obtain success by achieving high scores.
- The students must familiarize themselves with the subjects and the major objective of TEAS exam before deciding when to take the TEAS test.
What are the sections of the TEAS test? A thorough knowledge of the topics and contents of the test allow the students to enhance their scores for which they must be able to access the best study materials and resources that are available for this test.
The following points sum up a brief outline of the sections of TEAS test:
- For the Reading section of TEAS test, the questions are asked from the comprehension passages. The test takers need to read these passages and answer 48 questions in 58 minutes. The students are instructed to write logical conclusions from comprehension passages that are provided to them.
- Similarly, the Science section is based on the knowledge of the students on chemistry, biology and physical principles.
- In order to take the TEAS test, the basic knowledge possessed by the students in Mathematics is genuinely important. The topics of this section include metric conversion, ratio and proportion, decimals, percentages, whole numbers and algebraic equations. For taking this section of the test, consisting of 34 questions to be attempted within 51 minutes, the test takers should have appropriate knowledge of the topics on which the questions are based.
- The section on English Grammar is important because the students are required to prove their skills of punctuation, sentence construction and basic usage of grammar.
The TEAS test paves the way for students to pursue their education in the field of nursing. However, the candidates should take the TEAS test only when they are determined enough to take up a nursing profession after completion of their studies.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page