Steps on How to Take the TEAS
Steps Involved in TEAS
If you have decided to become a nurse, you would already know about the TEAS. It is a prerequisite set by many schools for admission in a nursing program. The Test for Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a standardized exam, which is designed by a company called ATI. This firm is well-known to provide various learning tools for the nursing line of profession. The TEAS is an elaborate test of 170 questions, and is in the multiple choice format, which lasts for around 3 1/2 hours.
There are various sources available from where you can access
information regarding the procedures for enrolment for this test. In
fact, the official website of ATI (www.atitesting.org) has a lot of information available for students who are about to take this exam. However, there are a few points that you have to consider while you apply.
Important Points to Remember:
- Selection of the test date:
It is important to give yourself time to prepare for the test before you finalize a date. It should be known that you cannot prepare for the test overnight. Therefore, you should select an appropriate date while registering for the test, which would give you enough time to be well prepared for it.
- Refer to the university guidelines :
This is a very important point. It should be known that, even though you would have high score, if you fail to comply with the school guidelines; your application will be rejected. Hence, it is important for you to verify the valid dates for submitting your application, the cut-off percentiles mentioned by the school and the formalities involved during admission.
- Payable facilities with ATI :
It should be known that apart from availing specific learning resources; you can also send your scorecard through ATI, free of cost by selecting schools of your choice while registering for the TEAS. In fact, if you desire to send your scorecard to other schools after the taking test, you can do so through ATI by paying the required fee.
In order to pass the test, you have to be well prepared and thorough with the topics on all sections. However, if you are taking this test any time soon and want to know more about the procedures involved; you can refer to the brief information mentioned below:
Steps Involved in Taking TEAS Test:
- Registering for TEAS: You can go to the website of ATI and register for the test. You will have to select the date and the test center of your choice. The payments for the test have to be done online and you will be given stepwise instructions to complete the procedure.
- Payment receipt after registration: The payment receipt you receive will be sent to your e-mail id. You will be asked to bring it along with a valid photo id at the test center in order to be eligible for the test.
- TEAS Scorecard: Once you have finished taking the test, you will be issued a TEAS scorecard. This has to be sent to the schools, which host the nursing program of your choice. You can either do this through ATI or you can send the scorecard to each school separately according to the university guidelines mentioned.
- Re-taking the test: In case you are not satisfied with your current score, you can re-take the test. However, you have to register with ATI and make the payment again. Hence, your new scorecard will be considered as a fresh application.
- Re-scheduling the test: If you fail to appear for the test on the chosen date, you are allowed to reschedule the test. However, you must notify at least 24 hours before your appointment time, otherwise you will forfeit your testing fee.
In order to ace the test, it is essential for you to be well prepared with all the topics related to this. However, the journey does not end here. It is equally important for you to know about the steps involved before and after the test. Since the TEAS score decides your future in the nursing career, there is no room for errors with respect to these steps!