register for TEAS test
Checklist for TEAS Registration
The fact that ATI TEAS can change your nursing school prospectus necessitates that all TEAS test takers take the test seriously and prepare for it. However, getting your answers to essentials like how to register for TEAS test and where to take the test is a critically important step that comes much ahead of your prep effort. In the course of this article, you may learn more about how to register for TEAS; you can also find a checklist here that will come handy in your TEAS registration process.
Registering for the TEAS Test
An evaluative test of academic abilities and essential skills, the TEAS helps institutions decide the eligibility of candidates for nursing program admissions. Accepted by several healthcare and nursing education institutions in the US, this test is considered as an excellent predictor of candidate success in nursing programs. Developed and conducted by ATI, the test is administered many times every year, across different test locations on pre-decided test dates. You may refer to the official ATI testing website for information on this test (https://www.atitesting.com/Solutions/PreNursingSchool/TEAS.aspx).
The TEAS is an exam for which you need to register well ahead of the test date. Walk-in testing is not an option for TEAS. You may register for TEAS test online (at the ATI testing website or offline at the test location where you are taking the test. It must be noted that some test sites do not offer online registration option. Also, the testing requirements (like how many retests in a year and at what interval, the validity of TEAS results) may differ from one institution to the other. Therefore, it is essential that you learn about the testing requirements of your test site before you register for TEAS test.
All available test dates and test locations are listed on the TEAS testing website: (http://www.atitesting.com/ati_next_gen/customecom/SessionCityStateSelection.aspx?stf=6&stype=1&prev=1). You may choose the best one according to your requirements and as per the availability of seats on a particular date/location.
Listed here are the essential steps to register for TEAS test online:
Steps to register for TEAS test
- Start from the ATI Testing homepage (https://www.atitesting.com/Home.aspx) and click the Register for TEAS link.
- On the next screen, choose your state and city, and click Next.
All the test sites relevant to the details entered are displayed along with the test dates.
- Choose the one that suits you the best (according to your convenience and preferences, and the deadlines of nursing program you wish to join). As mentioned earlier, it is good that you learn more about any specific testing requirements of the test site, before you register. You may learn more about any such details by clicking the Learn More link against the name of the test site.
- Click Register.
- Pay the test fee and complete your online registration. (Remember that you require an ATI login ID and password, at this stage).
Checklist for TEAS Test Registration
Here are some pointers to TEAS test registration that you may use as a checklist:
- Check the registration deadlines- Each TEAS test date has a registration deadline, before which you need to register for it. Late registration is not allowed.
- Be sure of the test requirements of your test site/institution- Before you register for TEAS test, make sure you are aware of the all testing requirements. Complete your registration process accordingly.
- Be sure of your course deadlines- This is one of the most important steps in your TEAS registration process. You must choose a test date that is ahead of your course application deadlines.
- Choose test dates and locations that best suit you- Though you can postpone your test date according to the rules and regulations prevalent, it is better that you choose a date/location after much thinking and planning. This way, you do not waste your efforts or mess up things at the last minute.
- PSI registration- If you do not find a TEAS test date/location that fits your convenience, you may also register for TEAS as a PSI exam. For details, refer to: http://www.atitesting.com/ati_next_gen/customecom/productpage.aspx?code=8483&isproduct=2.
To summarize, there are different important aspects that you need to take care of, before and while registering for the TEAS test. You may use check these pointers listed here while registering so that you do not skip any of the vital matter.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page