Why is it Important to Take the Nursing TEAS?
The nursing TEAS or the Test of Essential Academic Skills is an exam that is taken by the students for pursuing a career in the field of nursing. An individual must have the skills and abilities that are required by a nurse and knowledge of the subjects that are tested in TEAS are demonstrated by the scores that are obtained by him/her. The test is conducted by Assessment Technology Institute and the objective of this exam is to measure the potential of those candidates who are genuinely interested in continuing their studies in the nursing courses that are offered by colleges.
The Sections, Duration and Importance of TEAS Test
The subjects that are tested in the nursing TEAS exam are included in the points below:
- Reading: in this section, the questions are based on comprehension passages and there are 48 questions to be answered in 58 minutes. The students are required to draw appropriate inferences from the given passages.
- Mathematics: The test takers have to prove their competence in this section by answering 34 questions in 51 minutes and the topics of this section include decimals, ratio and proportion, metric conversion, fractions, percentages and algebraic equations.
- Science: The questions in this section of nursing TEAS test are based on chemistry, biology and physical principles and 54 questions have to be answered within 66 minutes.
- Grammar and Usage: This section tests the knowledge of the students with respect to punctuation, grammar and sentence construction and they have to answer 34 questions within 34 minutes.
There are 170 multiple-choice questions to be answered by the students within 209 minutes in TEAS exam. It is clear from the above description that nursing TEAS is a test that is subject to the restrictions of time to a great extent and the preparation of this exam should be based on this factor along with the basic knowledge of the students in the subjects that are tested in TEAS.
The Reasons for Taking TEAS Test
Why should a student decide to take nursing TEAS test? Let us analyze this in the next few points:
- For pursuing a career in the field of nursing, a student must prove that he/she has the necessary skills in the subjects that are included in nursing TEAS exam. By exhibiting their competence in these subjects, a student is able to study the nursing courses that are taught in colleges.
- The TEAS test is a standardized examination administered by the Assessment Technology Institute. Thus, by taking this test, the applicants are able to move forward in life with a rewarding career in nursing.
- The nursing TEAS test is an authentic way of exploring the potential of a candidate who is keen to pursue a career in nursing. With appropriate preparation and good practice, it is possible for the students to obtain the scores that are required for admission in nursing colleges.
- The clarity of the scores that are obtained in TEAS test is genuinely useful for bringing out the potential of each candidate and also help in providing assistance to those students who need support in the subjects that are tested in TEAS.
- Taking the TEAS test is the only option for the students who are keen to begin a career as a nurse by studying a suitable course. The profession of a nurse involves multiple activities that are to be completed within a range of time.
- The abundance of prep materials that include official and non-official resources is extremely useful for prep when it comes to TEAS test. However, personal preferences play an important role in this regard. On the whole, the availability of prep materials is another reason for which the students can take this test with ease.
The nursing TEAS test has catered to the requirements of all those students who are desirous of achieving their targets in the field of nursing. A majority of students work hard for obtaining the desired scores that marks the beginning of a successful career.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page