How to Study for the TEAS Test?
Must-have Study Sources for TEAS Study
'How to study for the TEAS test?' Is this the question that is giving you sleepless nights? The first part of this article gives you the details of the different preparation methodology while the second part gives the TEAS test resource that you must possess.
However, before we go into the details of how to study for the TEAS test, let us learn a few important features of the TEAS test:
- The TEAS test is conducted to identify the potential candidates for a nursing program
- Academic skills in the fields of Math, Science, Reading and Language are tested here
- There are 170 questions in total, of which, 150 are scored and the remaining 20 are un-scored pre-test items
- Testing centers are available in all the 50 states of the United States
- The selection for admission is based on comparative scoring
There are a few steps that have to be followed if you want your TEAS preparation to be thorough and these steps are:
- Understand the test- Try to collect as much information about the test as it will help you in the preparation.
- Identify appropriate study materials- Read the reviews of the different study materials and identify the book(s) that will be appropriate for you and purchase it (them).
- Draft a study-plan- If you prepare for the test in an organized way, the preparation will be simple and therefore, draw a study plan and follow it.
- Practice tests- Practice tests help in increasing your speed and help you learn about the test. It is advised that you take up as many such tests as possible.
There are different methods that you could follow for TEAS preparation and they are:
- If you are a self-motivated, sincere person then your answer to the question, 'how to study for the TEAS test?' would be self-study. In this method you have to collect all the study materials and prepare for the test all by yourself.
- If you are a person who works best in a group and you have a good group where everyone is interested in TEAS preparation then you could follow the group-study methodology. Here, each one of you could buy different study guides and share it among yourselves. Moreover, each one could also teach the others in the group for better and quicker understanding.
- If you are the kind of person who needs constant motivation and if you require someone to teach you and check on your preparation, then the ideal answer for the question, 'how to study for the TEAS test?' would be professional classes. In this methodology, though you have to spend some money, all the study materials will be provided to you by the tutors and you will be coached on the different subject areas as well.
Must-have Sources for TEAS Study
The ATI, the official administrators of the TEAS have published a book and released two practice tests. All these study materials are very useful and you must have them if you are planning to take up the TEAS test.
- TEAS Review Manual, Vers. V (5) (ATI, Study Manual for the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS))
This is the ATI TEAS book and all the sections of the test are covered here. Two comprehensive practice tests are also present in this study guide. Apart from the two practice tests, many practice problems are made available here along with the solutions. The book can be ordered online at the website, http://www.atitesting.com/ati_store/product.aspx?zpid=1175 for $46. The book, both new and used versions, is also available at many online book stores.
- Practice Tests
The two practice tests contain 150 questions each and can be purchased online. The answers for these questions along with the explanations are provided. Another advantage is that you can use the tests twice. The links to the two assessment tests are:
Though there are many TEAS test study guides, many students have aced the test with just the ATI test book and the practice tests and therefore, this book is a must-have study source for your TEAS preparation. However, the simplest answer to the question, 'how to study for the TEAS test?' is that you have to prepare for the test in a sincere and thorough fashion.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page