Factors That Affect Passing the TEAS
External Factors that can Hamper your TEAS Study
The TEAS or the Test of Essential Academic Skills is an exam that is conducted for those candidates who are interested in pursuing their studies in adult nursing programs that are taught in colleges. The scores that are obtained by these candidates allow their educators to determine the skills and abilities of those test takers who are suitable or fit for studying the nursing programs. Besides this, candidates who are unable to achieve the desired scores in the test also get support and assistance wherever required in the retest. The exam is administered by ATI or Assessment Technology Institute and it is the only option for the applicants of nursing schools to fulfill their academic goals.
Passing the TEAS: This is a dilemma that constantly plagues the mind of each student who wants to make it to the best nursing schools. However, studying rigorously does not ensure that a candidate will be able to reach their desired target. As a matter of fact, the students must be aware of the strategies that will allow them or assist them to move towards the goal. At the same time, there are many students who are unable to put the required effort and end up scoring low in the test or suffer from anxiety.
The following points will demonstrate a few obstacles or external factors that may create hindrance for candidates preparing for the test:
- Candidates should have a disciplined attitude towards their studying methods. However, there are a few students who might have a gregarious lifestyle that does not allow them to complete their studies or the practice work that is required for performing well in this test.
- Some of the candidates might not have sufficient time for studying or preparation for this exam owing to their work or job. If the job takes away a major share of the hours during a day, it might not be possible for the students to put the required efforts for preparation.
- Mingling with friends is fine although it is one of the major factors that hamper studies. Those students who have a strong urge for studying in the nursing schools must find time to ponder over their aim rather than spending time with friends. Besides this, meaningful discussion among friends about the test is perhaps a better idea.
- Those students who are residing in remote locations might not have access to good resources or study materials. They may not be able to attend the tutoring classes in case they are interested.
Having talked about some of the factors that may lead to trouble for those candidates who are studying for this test, we will now focus on the prep factor. Candidates must also have a fair idea about the test itself so that they are not surprised on the day of the exam.
The following points sum up a few strategies about preparing for the test:
- The applicants must be familiar with all the sections of the test in order to understand the questions that can be expected in this exam.
- The TEAS is a timed test in which there is a specific time allotted to the students for completing each section of the test. Therefore, candidates should focus on taking timed mock tests regularly for acclimatizing themselves with the pattern of the test and take the exam with confidence.
- Those students who are anxious about scoring high should concentrate on their strengths and weaknesses in order to improve their chances for achieving their desired target.
- The test takers must study with a meticulous approach in order to attain success in gaining a seat in a college of their choice.
In order to eliminate the fears about passing the test, students should make efforts to stay away from the external factors that lead to distraction in studies. Additionally, the students must also put the required efforts in an appropriate manner to fulfill their goal of a career in the field of nursing.