Taking the SAT
Things to know before taking the SAT
What is SAT?
SAT is the acronym for Scholastic Aptitude Test or Scholastic Assessment Test. It is an entrance test administered in order to admit students into the under graduate courses of various universities in the US. The SAT is administered by the College Board, which is a non-profit organization. Taking the SAT will make you eligible to apply for the universities in the US. But, depending upon your scores, you would be reviewed by the universities for admissions into their courses. Merely taking the SAT would not secure admission in a good college. You will have to score well to get admitted in a top notch college. The SAT is administered seven times a year in the US and six in all the other countries except the US.
What Does SAT Comprise of?
The SAT comprises of two tests viz. SAT Reasoning Test and the SAT Subject Tests. The SAT Reasoning Test is a three-hour and forty-five-minute test which includes three test sections with each test section consisting of separately timed sections. The SAT Subject Tests are one hour tests with each of them testing you in a particular subject of your choice. There are 20 SAT Subject Tests to choose from. Many universities recommend taking the SAT Subject Tests (at least 2 out of the 20) in addition to taking the SAT Reasoning Test. There are some universities that recommend taking at least three SAT Subject Tests.
Important Things to Know Before Taking the SAT
Mentioned below is the quintessential information that you will need to know before taking the SAT.
- The prerequisite for taking the SAT is knowing all about the SAT.
- You can find all the genuine information regarding the SAT, its syllabus, registration details, fees, new updates at the official website of the SAT at the link www.sat.collegeboard.org/home.
- Read all the information that is available to you on the official website of the SAT. Then, know about the testing dates of the SAT.
- Now, applying for the SAT is as important as taking the SAT. You must select a convenient test date and a test center by registering with the College Board online. You can find other modes of registering for the exam at the official SAT website.
- You must leave ample time before taking the SAT for a thorough preparation. Select the SAT Subject Tests in which you can confidently score high because a bad SAT Subject score would reflect a negative opinion in the admission process.
- Prepare for the SAT with dedication and try to score high.
SAT Test Centers and Dates
SAT is administered in the months of October, November, December, January, March (Alternatively in April), May, and June in the USA. In all other countries other than US, it is administered in all the months excepting the month of March (Alternatively in April). At the link given below, you can find the easiest way to find a test center that is nearest to you. This is called as the Student Code Search.
The SAT test dates can be found at the link:
At the link given above, you can find all the information regarding the SAT test dates as well the registration deadlines for both the students hailing from the USA and also other countries.
After taking the SAT, you can know your score online as well as through mail or by phone. For scoring related details you can visit the link given below:
Hence, choose the apt SAT Subject Tests for your ability and prepare to score high both in the SAT Reasoning Test as well as the SAT Subject Tests of your choice to secure admission in the college of your choice.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page