Tips for SAT
Any aptitude test requires a precise way of preparation. The same is true with the SAT test. The SAT test's tips are useful in many ways. They can help you in deciding on a particular SAT attempt, registration techniques, preparing for the test and attempting the test in a correct manner. Let us see these test tips in the following paragraphs.
SAT Registration Tips
The SAT is offered seven times in a year. It takes around one and a half month for the scores to reach your place. It may take another couple of months to process your admission to the university of your choice. Keeping this in mind, you must appear for the test at least three to four months prior to the start of the graduate program that you are interested in. Similarly, the registration deadlines are a month before the actual test. Therefore, you should register for a particular SAT attempt well in advance. Test registration can be done via mail or online. The online registration is the best way to register for SAT as it offers a lot of additional benefits.
SAT Prep Tips
You will find tips for SAT in every study guide as well as in a preparatory course of SAT. These have evolved over many years of experience. Therefore, one must make full use of these study strategies. Every web site on SAT provides study guidelines. We have summarized some here:
- Get to know the available test dates from the official web site and decide on a particular SAT attempt wisely. Some of the factors that you would like to think about are already mentioned in the previous paragraph. Register yourself for a suitable SAT test well in time.
- Understand the exam pattern in great detail. Study the pattern of each section deliberately and understand the types of questions that are asked. This will give a proper direction to your preparation. You will also get a broad overview of the entire exam with this.
- Select a proper study guide that covers every section in great detail. You can also go in for a study guide that deals with an individual section of the exam. You must select that study guide which includes enough practice questions as well as sample question papers. A good SAT study guide includes study tips, test taking strategies and last minute test pointers.
- You will find a number of coaching institutes as well as web sites that offer courses for SAT preparation. You can take up a good short course on SAT. However, you must take proper feedback about the course before selecting it.
- The SAT sections are quite different from one another. Therefore, you must give equal attention to every section of the exam.
- Forming a study group for SAT preparation would be very beneficial. This way you can prepare speedily.
- Once you understand a concept, you must solve adequate questions based on it. The more you practice, the more you will be confident.
- Take as many sample tests as possible. With every practice test that you take, you will improve on your weaker areas.
- You must solve the sample test papers in test conditions similar to that of the actual exam. This way you will be able to tune yourself to solve the question paper in exactly the same time frame as that available in the final exam.
- Evaluate your performance with every sample test and concentrate on your weak areas. If possible take the help of experienced people to judge your preparation.
Last Minute SAT Tips
The excitement and tension to perform well makes most of the candidates commit simple mistakes during the SAT exam. The last minute SAT pointers can help you overcome the tension and avoid common mistakes. Here are some the last minute tips for SAT:
- Do not study till the last minute. Just be relaxed on the day prior to your exam.
- Keep your exam ticket and other relevant documents ready on the day prior to the exam.
- Plan your travel to the exam center wisely in order to reach the test center well in time.
- Take adequate sleep the night prior to your exam.
- Eat proper breakfast to keep you fresh throughout the exam day.
- Wear clothes suitable to the weather conditions.
- Try to reach the exam center at least half an hour before the exam.
- If you are going to use standby registration, then you must reach the test center well in time along with the required documents and credit card details for paying the registration fees.
- Follow the exam center procedure correctly.
Go to page:Sat Tips - Page 1 : Sat Test Taking Tips - Page 2