SAT Test Study
How Should You Study For SAT?
Studying for the SAT test requires planned study and effort. Many factors play an important role in determining your chances of getting a high score. You can increase your chances by setting a realistic goal and working hard towards it. This article aims to provide you with a few tips and strategies towards effectively gearing you towards your SAT test study.
Preparing for the test
- Take a diagnostic test: Your SAT test study should start with this step because you need to find out where you stand currently. Based on this level, you need to work and build your skills for the test.
- Set a target score: Based on your practice test score, your SAT test study should aim to achieve the test score you want. Setting a target score for yourself during SAT test study propels you towards the direction.
- Set your foundation: The next step in your SAT test study is to brush up the basics and concepts because it will help you to solve the questions.
- Get help: Identify your strengths and weaknesses and check if you need help. For your SAT test study, you can opt for classroom tutorials, online lessons, or buy prep materials and learn and practice them yourself.
- Chalk out a schedule: You must draw up a schedule for your SAT test study. It is important that you stick to this schedule religiously to avoid any overlap. For example, missing a day of your schedule will require you to compensate it on another day for which you might have planned another topic.
- Practice: Practicing tests is the key to cracking the SAT. The more you practice, the more adept you become. The variety of questions you practice, the more skilled you become at identifying question types. Identifying the types of questions enables you to use the basic concept in order to answer the question.
- Know the test: You need to understand the test pattern and types of questions you will face. Familiarizing yourself with the sections will reduce your time spent during the test in deciphering the test format. You must be aware of the sections and the time you need to allot to each section. Maintain this time while practicing the sample tests.
During the test, you need to be focused and relaxed in order to do well in the test. The following are a few tips to help you during the test.
- Read the instructions carefully. Though this may sound simple, many students commit a regular mistake in ignoring this. No matter how well versed you may be with the instructions; you would do well to read the instructions. Make a note of any special instructions.
- You are allowed to write in the test booklet. Be careful while circling on the answer sheet. Make sure you are circling against the correct answer number, especially if you are skipping questions in between to answer later. Do not make any mark or doodle on the answer sheet. This is because the answer sheets are put through a machine; any other mark on the paper might be considered as an incorrect option.
- Answer the easy questions first so that you can save some time to answer the tough questions.
- Read the questions carefully to make sure that you answer them.
- A word about guessing. Make an intelligent guess only if you have to. Remember that you lose a fractional mark for every incorrect response. You do not lose any marks for an unanswered question.
- Make sure you adhere to the time limit.
- Keep a check on the time and the remaining number of questions in the question paper. Keeping a tab on time will help you to complete all sections.
- If you skip a question, make sure that you mark it so that you can return to complete it later.
Remember, the SAT is not a test you can prepare for overnight. SAT test study requires consistent and diligent effort on your part to equip yourself adequately to face the test. Just as hard work alone is not enough, you need to work smart in preparing for your SAT test study.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page