SAT Test Registration 2012
Important Points about SAT Test Registration Schedule for 2012
How Would You Register for SAT?
The SAT test is a standardized exam, which is a measure of a test-taker’s college-readiness and a record of his skills in Critical Reading, Math and Writing. The college officials consider the SAT score as a valid criterion for admissions in higher courses. It is imperative that you register for SAT 2012 at least three months before the test date. This will give you enough time to prepare for SAT. SAT test registration 2012 is initiated through postal mail, phone or internet. You can click at the College Board website and make a My SAT account to start registering for SAT in 2011, 2012 and 2013. You can also fill up the paper registration form and address it to the College Board authorities. Phone registration is only possible if you want to take SAT for another time.
Significant Facts about SAT Registration:
There are few things, which you need to keep in mind before you start your SAT test registration 2012. It is better to register for SAT 2011, 2012 and 2013, through a My SAT account in the College Board website as that enables you to receive a confirmed test center instantly. Moreover, an online registration ensures full access to reprint your exam ticket, in case you want to make any amendments to the same.
SAT test registration 2012 has some different guidelines for test takers in the US and US territories and for international test takers. Including information about these two types of registration, in the following sub sections, you shall find more details about SAT test registration 2012.
- Registration of US students:
The SAT is offered seven times in the US and US territories. Let us read some important facts about the US registration dates and deadlines:
- US registration deadlines are applicable to students who are sitting for SAT in US and US territories
- Those test takers who send their registration materials through post, must send them before the US registration deadlines. The deadlines are open till midnight, Eastern Time
- On March 10, 2012 only the SAT is offered
- Registration of International Students:
The SAT is conducted only six times in international locations. Let us find out more information about the SAT registration in international locations.
- International deadlines are applicable only to test takers outside US and US territories
- The test takers must mail their registration materials within international deadlines which expires at midnight, Eastern Time
- There will be no provisions for late registration for the international students. The test taker must complete their online and phone registration within the deadlines
- The test takers who are register through their international representative, must tender their paper registration form with full payment within the registration deadlines
- The SAT is not offered in March, for international test takers.
- Sunday testing:
- Language with Listening Test:
- Limitations of Online Registration:
- Registration by Mail and Returned Registration:
Those test takers, who are bound by religious sanctions against testing on Saturdays, can take their SAT on the Sunday, following the Saturday testing date. Such test taker must include their religious sanctions in the application form for SAT test registration 2012.
For both the US and US territory test takers and international test takers, the Language with Listening tests are conducted only in November.
Although, online registration is the best mode for SAT test registration 2012 it has some limitations. Test-takers have to register through a paper form if they are registering for Sunday testing or appealing to the College Board to open a test center near their home. Other limitations include test-taker wishing to pay by check or money order or are younger than 13 years old or testing from Benin, Cameroon, Ghana or Kenya.
If you wish to register by mail, you have to print the registration form from The Paper Registration Guide for the SAT and SAT Subject Tests. You can fill it out and send it to the College Board for confirmation. In case, your form has incomplete student’s name, your payment is irretrievable or contains errors, or you requested for Sunday testing or opening a test center near you without any permission letter, your registration form will be returned to you.
In the above discussions, the information for SAT test registration 2012 would help you to enroll yourself without faults and mistakes. For the upcoming SAT tests of 2012 and 2013, you can register for SAT through this process. Do not forget that registration process is very meticulous and any inaccuracy may result in cancellation of registration. Be careful!
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page