Utility Of The SAT For Getting Admission Into Colleges
Why, When and Where Should You Take the SAT
Every year, many students appear for this test to enroll for higher education. A college prefers to accept this examination's scores because it helps them evaluate applicants better. It tests your preparedness for college; whether you can think, reason, and apply concepts you have learned to situations. This article tries to answer some important common questions about exam.
Why Take SAT?
- This assessment is immensely beneficial for you if you want to apply to colleges for higher education. Colleges accepts this scores to allow you for admission. A college uses the score in addition to other parameters to consider your acceptance into the college.
- Test scores are important to build the foundation of your higher study. An institution requires marks not only for allowing you to pursue higher education but also to enable you to follow the right course. Thus, you can identify colleges of your choice that offer you a course of your choice.
- Colleges prefer high SAT scores: A college and most schools display the SAT results that students have taken. Colleges that require high scores are considered prestigious, which is why colleges prefer high scores. The range of scores helps you to select a college that is most appropriate for you, provided they offer courses that interest you.
- The test is common for everyone, which is the reason why most students prefer to opt for this test. The test has a basic format and is easy to understand. This is because a lot of research has been done to make the test common for all the level of students, whether regularly schooled or home schooled, irrespective of their background; in this way, it is a common ground for all aspirants and you do not need to be specially qualified to appear for examination. Studies also show that students who perform well in school also perform well in the test.
- An institution accepts scores because the exam tests your skills that you have already learned at school. It tests your math, reading, and writing skills because these skills prepare you overall for college and further in life.
- A college also offers its students scholarship grants. Scholarships are a great way to fund your college studies because it reduces the burden on one’s family. Besides, you do not have to repay it, unlike an education loan.
When to Take SAT?
You can appear for the test anytime during the year. Make sure you check with the college you are applying to because some prefer Fall admissions while others have winter admissions. Most students take the test during the end of their Junior year. Most students also take the repeat test during their Senior year.
You can appear for the Subject Tests anytime, but the best time to appear is in June because you will be preparing for your final exams at the same time. Thus, the subjects will be fresh in your mind and you will be more adept at solving questions because you are prepared for your final school exams.
Where to Take SAT?
In order to appear for the test, you first need to register on the official website: www.collegeboard.com. When you begin the registration process, you need to fill out details including your area zip code. After you enter the zip code, you will be provided a choice of location where the exam will be conducted on the date you are applying for. The The examination is conducted in the local high schools on a Saturday morning. You can select a location that is convenient for you.
As is evident, it is one of the
most important tests that a student faces. It is considered challenging
because of its nature. However, it is important that you realize that
the test is designed in such a manner so that it helps you to judge
your strengths and find a college and course that is best fitted for