Everything about SAT Scholarships
The SAT test is governed by the College Board and tests students for skills in basic educational abilities and concepts taught in school. The test screens test takers in the disciplines of Critical Reading, Math and Writing. SAT scholarships are awarded to students with exceptional scores on the SAT test. These SAT scholarships may be awarded in the form of monetary prizes or as discounts on college fees and other expenses. A SAT fee waiver is also available for test takers who cannot afford to take the test. A host of information is available over the internet about the SAT scholarships that are awarded by various universities and academic institutions.
- The Centenary College, New Jersey offers SAT scholarships to students that have a SAT score of 850 or higher as a composite of Critical Reading and Math. This is the presidential award and the student receives up to $10,000 annually, which is renewable as long as the student can maintain a GPA of 2.5. The college also offers other SAT scholarships to students with competitive SAT scores. The amount awarded depends on the scholarship. More information about scholarships can be found at http://www.centenarycollege.edu/cms/?id=901.
- The Dominican University of California also offers an award of up to $11,500 annually to students that show a track record of maintaining a GPA of 3.6 through High school and a score of 1200 or above on the SAT. The college website also provides you with an SAT scholarship calculator which you can use to derive an estimate to your scholarship amount. You will need to enter you High school GPA and your SAT score in the calculator. Annual scholarships are also renewable for up to three additional years apart from the year in which it is awarded. In order to receive the scholarship annually terms and conditions regarding academic performance as mentioned on the college website have to be adhered. More information is available at http://www.dominican.edu/admissions/aid/scholarships/freshmen/.
- The Earlham College Indiana offers SAT scholarships of $5000 per year to students who either have a GPA of 3.6 or higher through High school or rank within the top 15% of their class. Such students must also have a composite SAT score of 1200 of higher. Other scholarships are also awarded depending upon the scores of the applicants.
- The Niagara University of New York offers SAT scholarships of up to $9,500 with a SAT score of 1150 or higher and a GPA above 95%. Smaller amounts are awarded to students with lower scores.
- The Wilmington College, Ohio offers an award of $9,000 to students with a SAT score above 1090 and a final high school GPA of 3.0
- SAT fee waivers are available for those students who cannot afford to pay for the SAT test. Such SAT scholarships enable a test taker to appear for the SAT test free of cost and also provide them with additional benefits like additional score cards to be sent to universities and colleges, Student-Answer-Sheets to provide guidance for model answers etc. Additional information about SAT fee waivers is available athttp://sat.collegeboard.org/register/sat-fee-waivers. You should contact your educational institution or your academic agent to find out more details about SAT fee waivers.
SAT scholarships are awarded to students under the norms of various eligibility and criterion. You should use a local search engine on the internet to look for scholarships provided by universities of your interest. You should ensure that you have used correct keywords to gain the appropriate results. You should always read the rules and regulations and eligibility criteria so you are aware of the score you will have to achieve in your tests.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page