SAT Review Books
Make Your Choice from the Best SAT Books
The SAT and SAT Subject tests are the most widely used tests that measure the skills of the students who are interested to pursue college studies in the US. The exam is usually taken by students in the spring of their junior year or fall of the senior year. The SAT is taken by no less than two million students each year. The scores of SAT is one of the most significant factors for securing admission in colleges. On the other hand, taking the SAT subject tests allow the students to stand out among others while the colleges review the application of the students. While, the scores of the SAT subject tests are recommended by some colleges, others may not require these scores.
Significance of Books for SAT Preparation
SAT review books constitute a substantial and valuable part of taking this examination. There are several books that are used by students to prepare and practise for the SAT tests but when it comes to making a choice, one should make the correct decision. In short, it is useless to invest in multiple SAT review books that contain insignificant information/content. Instead, one should carefully read the reviews of high school advisors, college students and the students who have taken the test during the recent times in order to access the best SAT review books.
Prep Books for SAT
- The Official SAT Study Guide (Second Edition) by College Board: This is one of those SAT review books that comes straight from the test makers and consists of 10 practice tests along with 3 recently conducted tests. With a comprehensive account covering all the three section of SAT test, the students can benefit from the techniques of dealing with the maths questions and access free online score reports and answer explanations.
- Cracking the SAT (without DVD) 2012 Edition by Princeton Review: This is another of the SAT review books that is thoroughly focussed on the SAT tests and includes five full length practice tests. Through this book, the students can get the advantage of the SAT vocabulary list, also referred to as “Hit Parade” and review of almost all the topics of SAT. The strategies for dealing with the SAT test and the myths about the test are another key feature of this book.
- Crash Course for the SAT, 4th Edition by Princeton Review: This is another book that helps the students to know and understand the questions that can be expected in SAT. Beside this, the book also covers important information on the three sections along with practice tests and detailed explanations.
- Barron’s SAT Subject Tests is a series of 16 preparation titles that includes eleven subjects for SAT. Some of the books also contain CD ROM that offer practice tests.
- 12 Practice Test for the SAT 2012 by Kaplan is an effective and complete prep book for SAT that includes a whole lot of practice tests and also helps the students to increase their speed while answering the questions.
- Kaplan SAT 2012 : Strategies, Practice and Review: This is one of the best SAT review books is filled with all the essential tools that a student requires and help him/her to get a high score in SAT.
SAT is one of those tests that pave the way for the students to put their first foot forward into their college education. Therefore, the SAT aspirants should leave no stone unturned to prepare for the tests. Although, there are several prep books that are available nowadays, one should always look for SAT review books that are effective and help them to achieve high scores in the SAT tests.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page