For appearing in the SAT it is very important to collect relevant and enough SAT material. The SAT material should not be enough in terms of quantity but quality. You do not require a pile of SAT books that are outdated or incomplete in any manner. Instead, the SAT preparation material should be sufficient in itself. That means you must know how to make the most out of the minimum SAT material that you can get.
Features Of Good SAT Material
It is Concise - Good SAT material is not too elaborate. It does not consist of useless detail and explanation. It is precise and to the point. Thus it does not involve waste of time and effort over useless explanations.
It is Complete - SAT preparation material should be complete in itself. It should consist of everything that is required for preparation.
It is Relevant - Whatever content the SAT preparation material consists of should be relevant. Only then does it qualify as a useful study material. There can be books and other such SAT materials whose content is not practical with respect to the test. Such materials should be discarded and only relevant SAT material should be selected.
It is Up-to-date - Good SAT material is up to date with all the latest changes and additions in the test. It is possible that there are some changes in the pattern, time allotted, subject matter etc. SAT preparation material should contain information about all such changes.
It is Supported by Enough Practice Materials - SAT material should consist of question banks, practice tests, exercises etc to help the student check and grade himself. Only such exercises can help you to know your level of preparation. These exercises help you to know your weaknesses and overcome them with practice for the same.
It is Free of Errors - Any SAT material is useful only if it is correct. You can have confidence in the SAT preparation material that you collect only if you are sure that it is clear and free of errors.
It is Popular - A good SAT material is always popular amongst students as well as teachers. Those who have already experienced the test know which SAT preparation material has been the most useful. This is how good SAT material gains popularity.
Some Important SAT Material
You can find a number of easily available sources for the preparation of SAT. SAT material is available in the form of books, CDs and as well as web sites that offer very useful SAT preparation material. Some of the best sources are as follows.
- The Official SAT Study Guide by The College Board - This is one of the most widely used books as a SAT material. Being an official source it is the most authentic and reliable source for preparation. The content is genuine and you can be sure that this book is the most updated book as a SAT preparation material.
- Cracking the SAT, 2008 Edition (College Test Prep) by Princeton Review - This book is also published by one of the most popular and renowned publishing houses. It is extremely popular amongst students.
- www.collegeboard.com - The official web site for SAT provides updated SAT material. This web site is the official web site of the College Board. It contains a number of practice tests. The difficulty level of these tests is very close to the ones that you can expect in the test.
- The Official Study Guide for All SAT Subject Tests by The College Board - This book covers all the subjects of the SAT subject tests in order to give the required SAT practice.
- www.4tests.com - This web site offers SAT material in the form of sample tests on CD ROMs. It has SAT material for complete SAT preparation.
- www.majortests.com - This is another web site that offers free practice SAT material. The practice sample tests include questions of all sections along with SAT preparation plans.
Go to page: Sat Study material - Page 1 : Sat Material - Page 2
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page