Courses for SAT
SAT Courses That You Need To Consider
With the range of courses available for SAT, it could prove to be a daunting task to choose the one that is best suited to your needs. Almost all of them guarantee you a jump of at least 100 points in your test score. Tempted as you may be to join the first one that impresses you the most, it is best to first research the myriad options available. For one, test courses are expensive and secondly, you will be spending a substantial amount of time and effort as you go through the preparation process. However, a good preparation course can benefit you greatly. Some of the most popular courses of SAT that you must consider are as follows:
- Princeton Review (www.princetonreview.com):
SAT courses from Princeton Review are considered to be one of the best. They are flexible and are available as in-person classroom courses or as online web based sessions. Most students find the Princeton Review's test strategies and tips for solving problems in mathematics extremely useful.
- Princeton Review offers a rigorous classroom course, Ultimate SAT Test Preparation Course, that is considered as one of the best courses for learning the test strategies and has a strong focus on the content required for the test.
- The Classroom Prep Course and Small Group Instruction Prep Course are both classroom courses of SAT with a substantial number of live instruction sessions.
- If you are unable to join a classroom course, you can also enroll for the Online Preparation Course. This course is very flexible and allows students to learn at their own pace complete with round the clock technical support provided via phone or email.
- Manhattan Review (www.manhattanreview.com):
Manhattan Review, one of the most renowned admission consultancy companies in the USA, offers its most popular SAT Preparation Course in both classroom and online options. It offers you:
- 8 intensive sessions,
- practice tests,
- access to their online library,
- post class reviews,
- in-depth question and answer sessions and
- a combined focus on content and selected topics
- Kaplan SAT (www.kaptest.com):
Kaplan, one of the most reputed companies in the USA specializing in admission services, offers a range of coaching for SAT. All of Kaplan's courses, namely, the Complete SAT Prep, College Prep Advantage and SAT On-Demand provide customized training sessions. Kaplan courses are based on an in-house technological innovation called the Smart Track which helps to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the test taker. Once the strengths are identified, personalized attention is given to the students with a focus on the strengths where maximum points can be gained.
It is recommended that you visit the website and check for the syllabus of the courses before you decide to join one of the test courses offered by Princeton Review.
The SAT Preparation Course is considered as one of the most effective courses available for the test. Classes are held across all major cities in the US. Compared to other courses in the market, this Preparation Course also gives you a definite cost advantage over other courses.
Joining a course for SAT can prove to be beneficial only if the
course suits your needs. If you need to focus on the content required
for the test,
choose a course that has a strong focus on the content. Ask for the
syllabus of the course you are interested in and check if it covers the
areas you want. If you are already prepared with the content, then opt
for a course that focuses on the test strategies. If you are pressed
for time, you might want to enroll in a course that is rigorous but is
more flexible and takes lesser hours to complete. It is advisable that
you do not rush but research well before you invest your precious time
and money for a SAT course.