SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) is a test of your aptitude that you need to take if you wish to join the US universities for graduation. It is primarily designed to check how well you will do if you join any university. SAT has two parts: SAT I and SAT II. SAT I is also called the SAT Reasoning Test. SAT I is a compulsory exam. SAT I is designed to find out your reasoning abilities. SAT II is also called the SAT Subject Test. SAT II is an optional test and can be taken for a particular subject. SAT II gives you an opportunity to show your knowledge in a particular subject. The subjects for SAT II are from the fields of history, languages, mathematics and sciences. For some of the universities, taking SAT II is also compulsory. SAT is designed and administered by the US College Board Corporation. We will now explain how to prepare for the SAT.
A lot has already been written about how to prepare for the SAT. A large number of web sites, study guides and coaching institutes may confuse you and you may not know where to start from. Parents keep asking this question How to prepare my kids for SAT test? Their worry is quite valid as the competition for taking admissions into top US Universities is very tough. Concise steps to explain how to prepare for the SAT are given below:
- Decide when you want to take the SAT test. Six to eight months before the start of a graduate program is an ideal time.
- Register for the test at least six months in advance so that you will be at peace for preparation.
- Understand the pattern of the test in great detail. The official web site of SAT, www.collegeboard.com is the best place to know about SAT.
- Obtain a good SAT study guide that explains every section in detail and in a simple language. It must have at least five to six sample question papers.
- If possible take an online course or join a coaching institute for SAT preparation. Your SAT prep course should provide you adequate study materials and enough practice questions.
- Prepare a time table and allot enough time for every section of the exam.
- Start learning every concept carefully. Study the sample questions deliberately.
- Once you finish studying a particular concept solve questions based on it. Understand the rationale behind every correct answer.
- Do not go away without clarifying any doubts from your course teachers.
- Once you have studied all the sections well enough you should start taking the mock tests. You will find test taking strategies available at various web sites when you search online for how to prepare for the SAT. You must time yourself while taking a mock test.
- Evaluate your performance at every mock test. Get feedback from experienced people.
- Revise the test taking tips on the day prior to your actual exam. Do not study in the night prior to your exam.
- Keep all the requisite documents ready before going to the exam center.
- Try to implement all the test taking tips that you learned while searching for how to prepare for the SAT.
We have tried to give you information about how to prepare for the SAT. A lot of parents also enquire about how to prepare their kids for SAT test. You can collect enough study materials or your parents can make you join a course for SAT preparation but your success at SAT purely depends on your willpower and religious study.
Go to page: Prepare For Sat - Page 1 : How To Prepare For The Sat - Page 2
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page