College Board SAT Test
10 Things about SAT That You Need to Know
Introduction to SAT
SAT is administered by the College Board for facilitating the admissions of students into various colleges in the USA. The students from junior or senior grade usually take the College Board SAT test. The scores of the College Board SAT test are accepted by more than 5800 colleges in the USA for review process to admit students into their courses. Apart from the College Board SAT test, ACT is another test that is also administered for the same purpose.
10 Important Things You Need to Know about SAT
Before aiming at the College Board SAT test, there are some important aspects of the College Board SAT test that you need to know. Mentioned below are 10 important points that you need to know.
- Surfing the College Board SAT test official website. You can visit it at the link: http://sat.collegeboard.org/home You need to first visit the College Board SAT test official website and surf through it.You can gather authentic information regarding the SAT at the official website of the SAT.
- Understanding the official website The SAT official website not only explains every detail about SAT but also gives you tips to make your SAT preparation better. You can get practice papers for SAT and can get the official SAT Study Guide and many other online SAT preparation materials.
- College Board SAT test centers and SAT test dates. From the official website of the SAT, you can know all the information regarding the test centers, test dates and also know about the registration details and the modes of registration that you will have to follow.
- College Board SAT test registration details.
You can visit the following link for registering for SAT.
Registering for SAT online can be done only by signing up with the official SAT website. By signing up with SAT, you will be provided with a dedicated ‘My SAT’ account from which you can register for both SAT Reasoning Tests as well as the SAT Subject Tests. You can get scores of your tests once they are released. Moreover, you can know about the SAT participating colleges for admissions. You can manage all the college lists and can apply for the colleges depending upon your scores.
- Knowing about the SAT Reasoning Tests and the SAT Subject Tests. SAT comprises of two tests namely the SAT Reasoning Test and SAT Subject Tests. There are 20 SAT Subject Tests which aim at testing your skills in particular subjects of your choice. The SAT Reasoning Test is the one which consists of three sections and tests your aptitude levels and your English language proficiency as well.
- Analyzing the College Board SAT test structure. The SAT is a three-hour and forty-five-minute test. It consists of three sections namely Critical Reading section, Writing section and the Math section. You need to understand and know what type of questions are asked in these sections and what are you required to possess to tackle each section with finesse.
- Understanding all the three sections of the College Board SAT test. The Math section of the SAT consists of problem solving question from mathematical concepts from algebra, geometry, calculus etc in broad. Even, questions based upon concepts from high school mathematics are also being asked. The Writing section of the SAT consists of an essay to be written in 25 minutes and the other questions are multiple choice questions. The Critical Reading section of the SAT too consists of multiple choice questions. Typically, the Writing and the Critical Reading sections ask you questions based upon English language. http://professionals.collegeboard.com/testing/sat-reasoning/about/sections
- Planning your preparation for the College Board SAT test. Planning is the most important aspect of SAT. You must plan your test date first thus allowing yourself to allot sufficient time for your preparation. Prepare an action plan depending upon your strengths and weaknesses that would help you reach your target of scoring high in SAT.
- Effectively implement your plan by attending either to a SAT coaching institute or by preparing for self.
- On the day of the exam, keep yourself cool and confident while you attempt the paper. You must attempt the paper with utmost care since in SAT, negative marking is valid.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page