Points to Keep in Mind for PSAT Test Locations
5 Things to Consider When You Select a PSAT Test Location
About the PSAT Test Locations:
The PSAT is administered only by high schools. The high schools serve as the test center and conduct the test on any one of the two testing dates. It is conducted only twice in in a year: the third Saturday of October and its preceding Wednesday. The high schools select any one of these two dates to administer the test. Hence, if you have to choose a test location, you can choose either your own high school or any other high school that will be suitable for you. There are various matters, which you should consider before selecting your testing location, which are discussed under the following heading.
Some Requisites You Should Stress upon During Your Selection of Testing Locations:
There are certain essential matters, which you must consider while choosing your test center. In the following sub-headings, let us discuss what they are:
- Landmark: the high school that you wish to choose for taking the test, has to be situated in such a location, so that, you can reach it effortlessly. You must remember, the administration of the test generally starts early in the morning. You have to arrive at the test center at least an hour before the administration of the test. This means, you must have sufficient conveyance between your home and the test location, in case you don’t have your own car. However, even if you do have a car, you must make sure that you have a reliable route, which has the least traffic in it.
- Test Date: as mentioned earlier, the high school administers PSAT on any one of the two dates in October. For instance, if your own high school administers it on the date, which is suitable for you, then obviously select it for taking the test. However, if you want to take the test on another day, then choose the high school which is conducting PSAT on that day.
- Inhibitions: the Saturday testing date is in conflict with certain religious practices which forbid testing on Saturday. Certain religious sanctions hold that its disciple should not sit for any tests on Saturdays. If you come under the category of such sanctions, you must select the Wednesday testing date. In case your own high school has not selected the Wednesday testing date, you have to choose one of the centers, administering the examination on Wednesday.
- Rules and Regulations: you must go through the rules and regulations of the test center which you wish to choose. Your test center or the high school which you want to select may have, besides the standard test taking rules, their own particular sets of rules and patterns which you must abide. Such conditions may include certain belongings which are forbidden from the testing locations, such as food, paper scripts, etc.
- Reputation: if you are not taking the exam in your own high school, research more about the reputation of the high school you like to choose. Keep a lookout whether the high school administered PSAT successfully in the past. Find out whether the staff at the exam center is cordial or whether they have the right equipments and setup for conducting the exam.
The above-mentioned tips are the basic five things which you must take into account before you choose a test center. You should abide by the above recommendation to avoid any kind of errors in your selection. Follow those primary standpoints before you decide upon the testing locations. It is very important that you make the right choice!