PSAT Registration Checklist
The PSAT Registration:
The PSAT is held in the third Saturday of October of every year and its preceding Wednesday. The PSAT is one standardized exam, which you can take to be eligible for national merit scholarship programs and to prepare for SAT. You only get the two days in October, in which you can sit for PSAT. There are no testing centers for PSAT. A test-taker must sit for PSAT in his respective high school or in other high schools. The process of PSAT register, although starts from mid of April or June, it carries on till September. In this article, you will get a checklist of the dates and deadlines of the PSAT register, which will come handy for you when you start enrolling yourself in PSAT. The upcoming PSAT test dates are October 17th and October 20th, 2012, respectively.
The PSAT Registration Checklist:
In the following points, you shall get the important dates for initiating PSAT register process. These are the dates relating to every aspect of the PSAT register, starting from the date of applying for PSAT till the final registration obligations.
- It should be noted that there are no provisions for online registration of PSAT. A test-taker must approach the authorities of his high school or other high schools, in which he wishes to sit for PSAT.
- Every high school chooses only one of the two PSAT test dates. Hence, you should pick that high school, which is administering PSAT on the date you have decided.
- From mid April to June, colleges receive PSAT test materials. Such materials include registration announcements, test materials and registration forms.
- You need to choose any of the two dates for taking PSAT and fill up the registration form. This is how you start your PSAT register operation.
- You have to submit this registration form within the specified deadline in order to register for PSAT exam. The deadline for submitting PSAT registration forms is early September.
- For a legitimate PSAT register, you have to incur a fee of $15. You can pay in cash or check. You should address the fee to the respective high school, where you are taking the PSAT. Do not forget to write your full name on your check.
- In the mid of June, you have to notify the high schools about any kind of online fee waivers. It should be noted that fee waiving is only applicable for eleventh graders, hailing from low income families.
- Within the end of June, PSAT test-takers must submit the National Hispanic Recognition Program confirmation form to his respective high school.
The above-mentioned checklist, relates to the entire process for PSAT register. However, in case, you are unable to take the PSAT on the registered test day, there are certain procedures available for competing of scholarships in 2014. You should contact the counselors or seek education guidance for taking the necessary course of action. You have to submit or rather postmark an information request to the College Board, in order to know about alternative routes available for you, in order to try your luck in 2014 National Merit Program.
It is a very easy task to register for PSAT. The PSAT register process is made lucid and the least troublesome. You just need to get in touch with your high school officials or education counselors to get to know more about PSAT register. Remember that although the normal test fee for PSAT is $14, there might be some extra cost added to it by the colleges, for administering PSAT. You should not worry much, in case you could not appear for PSAT on the scheduled date. You can request for the SAT Preparation Booklet&™, containing practice tests, which you can solve under simulated PSAT test conditions. You can enter the competition for National Merit Scholarship Programs, if you are able to fulfill other requirements as specified in the NMSC's website.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page