PSAT Prep Books
Comprehensive PSAT Prep Books
Why Do You Need PSAT Prep Books?
The PSAT is a competitive exam which allows the test-takers to show their skills in three sections, namely the Critical Reading, Math and Writing Skills. Some test-takers prefer to take prep courses for completing the PSAT syllabus while most of the test-takers purchase dependable study guides to complete the colossal task of PSAT preparation. The PSAT prep books let you dedicate more time in your preparation as you do not have to attend prep courses. The PSAT prep books explain to you the three sections of PSAT, from their core. In addition, you will find sufficient practice tests and papers in the PSAT prep books which train you perfectly for the PSAT test. The PSAT prep books also come at affordable prices which helps you to curb the expenses incurred in prep courses.
Which PSAT Prep Guides Are the Best For You?
There are no ends for the number of PSAT prep books available in the market. However, in the following sub-headings, assorted are some of the most comprehensive prep books for PSAT. They are the most authentic and the most favored by past PSAT test-takers. Let us now discuss them in detail:
- Official Student Guide to the PSAT/NMSQT:
This prep guide comes from the house of the creators of PSAT, i.e., the College Board and features the authentic PSAT materials that you need to know. You can get a copy of the Official Student Guide to the PSAT/NMSQT from the counselor’s office, in case you have decided to take PSAT. The prep guide contains three main parts. They are:
- Test-taking assistance
- Facts about the national Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) Programs
- One full-length practice exam
- Barron’s PSAT/NMSQT 2012:
The next in line of the PSAT prep books is the Barron’s PSAT/NMSQT 2011. This is an updated prescription for the PSAT test-takers which investigates each of the sections of PSAT in detail. It contains diagnostic tests coupled with answer key and detailed explanation of answers. It has an in-depth review for:
- Critical Reading: sentence completion, tools to better your skills in reading comprehension and tips to develop your vocabulary skills
- Writing Skills: includes exercises and drills in order to assist test-takers avoid problems regarding grammatical mistakes and amend their paragraph framing skills
- Mathematics: a detailed overview of the Math sections, including review questions on Algebra, Geometry, Probability, Data Interpretation and related other topics on Math.
To top it all, this PSAT prep guide contains four full-length practice tests at its end, which simulate the format of the PSAT test. The answer key and explanation for each of these practice test questions are also given. Finally, it comes at an affordable price of $8.61, making it one of the most comprehensive PSAT prep books.
- Kaplan PSAT/NMSQT 2012 Premier:
It is said that with proper preparation and with the help of reliable study materials, the PSAT test-takers can easily be eligible for college-level scholarships. The Kaplan PSAT/NMSQT 2011 Premier, coming at a price of $7.72,seeks to do just that. It aims at bringing out the best in test-takers, by providing them exhaustive study materials and extensive practice questions of each PSAT sections. It includes:
- Two full-length practice tests with answer key and explanation of practice questions
- Review on Critical Reading, Mathematics and Writing Skills
- 100 top math questions and more than 1000 vocabulary words
- A customized access to online study materials from the Kaplan website, at Kaplan’s Live Online event
- Strategic tips and recommendation on how to approach the PSAT questions
- Parent’s guide to the NMSC programs
- Cracking the PSAT/NMSQT 2012 Edition:
This paperback edition is published by the Princeton Review and comes at a price of $7.69 and is one of the most sought after PSAT prep books. The reasons for such claims are given in the following points:
- it includes two full-length practice tests
- it has a detailed review of the three sections of PSAT
- it provides you practice questions from every subject that is given in PSAT
- you will get all the information you need to know about NMSC
- it contains a customized ‘Hit Parade’ of PSAT vocabulary
So, the above-mentioned PSAT prep books are few of the best guide books, which you can choose for your PSAT preparation. All of these books contain enough study materials, test-taking ideas, sample questions and practice tests which will help you in your PSAT preparation. Furthermore, they help you in developing your skills in the three PSAT sections, giving you a positive boost for taking PSAT.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page