Praxis ParaPro Test
Breakdown of the ParaPro Praxis Test
If you want to be a paraprofessional, then you should consider getting a certification for this type of job. After all, a government approved certificate will certainly be advantageous to you when you are looking for a job. This is a certification that many people opt for and if you are thinking about taking it too, then you need to find out everything that you can about the same. The Praxis is a series of examinations that is also provided by the ETS, which is also the creator of the test. It is vital for you to first know that this is a timed exam where you will be given 2.5 hours to complete all the questions and the test can be computer-based or paper-based; depending on which one you prefer. The computer-based exam is available almost throughout the year while the paper-based version is only offered six times in a year. It is important for you to understand what this test is so that you can study for the same in the most effective manner.
Contents of the ParaPro
As of now, the exam is available only in the English language. If you are planning to take this exam soon, then you should know what you can expect in it. Here is the breakdown of the test that you need to know and understand:
- There are three subjects that you will be tested on and these are Mathematics, Reading & Writing. In Mathematics, your basic knowledge on this subject will be tested and some of the topics that will be tested are Algebra, Number Sense, Data Analysis and Geometry. The Reading test will assess whether you can understand the English content that has been provided to you and how you interpret the same. Last but not the least, the Writing test will examine your ability to write and it will also test your creativity.
- The sections that you will find in the test will consist of 90 questions and about 2/3rd of these will test your knowledge and skills on the subjects. The other 1/3 of the questions will assess whether you have the skills to apply what you know when you teach in the classroom.
- All the questions will be of the multiple-choice type. It is important for you to understand what you are being asked and then consider all the four options that are given for each question. After careful consideration, you should select and option hat you feel is the correct solution.
More on the ParaPro Exam
You may be interested in finding out more information about this exam, which are as follows:
- You will need to register your name for the exam and there is a fee of $50 that you will have to pay for taking the same. If you choose to cancel the test, then you will not be able to get a refund of the amount that you have paid.
- If you take the test online, you will be able to see your unofficial score as soon as you finish the test on the screen. The official result will be mailed to your home address in about two weeks from the date of the examination. If you are taking the paper-based version, your result will be mailed to you in about four weeks time from the date of the test. You will not be able to find out your unofficial score, like in the computer-based exam.
- There is no passing score because every school district has their own guidelines. You can get in touch with your district and find out more information on this.
The test is not difficult and you can get a good score in it if you are willing to work hard and study for the same effectively. There are so many study options available along with free resources that you can use to supplement your preparation. Try to start your preparation as soon as you decide to take the exam, so that you will have sufficient time to study.